- 100 grams raw almonds
- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 stalk celery, chopped in 4
- 2 carrot, roughly cut
- 30 grams EVOO or butter
- 300 grams chicken thigh or breast, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 500 grams water
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock paste
- 1 Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 100 grams fresh or frozen peas
- 300 grams cauliflower floret
- 300 grams raw chicken thighs or breast, roughly chopped
- 300 grams vegetables (leek/onion/shallots, carrot, garlic, celery, celeriac)
- handful fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley)
- 150 grams coarse sea salt or rock salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 grams white wine
- 1 clove
- 5 coriander seeds
Recipe is created for
Mince up raw chicken using the turbo button to pulse a few times, with the lid on the locked position.
Add 300g veges and a few sprigs fresh herbs. Chop for 10 seconds on sp 5.
Add salt, bay leaf, white wine, clove and coriander seeds.
Cook for 20 mins, Varoma temp, speed 2, with simmering basket on top instead of MC.
Replace MC and blend 1 minute, speed 10.
Grind almonds in Thermomix bowl for 30 secs on speed 9, or until fine (alternately, use leftover meal from almond milk). Set aside. Place cauliflower florets in Thermomix bowl for 5 secs "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 5. Set aside.
Place onion, garlic cloves, celery and carrot in bowl and chop for 3 seconds, speed 5. Add oil (or butter) and cook for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add chicken and cook 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add water, stock paste, and ground almonds, and cook for 30 minutes, 100 degrees, "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1.
Add parsley, cauliflower rice, and peas, cook another 5 minutes, 100 degrees, "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 1. Adjust seasonings if needed, and serve.
Chicken stock paste
Accessories you need
If you have a big family, or like more veges in your soup, you can add more chicken to the soup (leaving the peas out) and cook at Varoma temperature with the peas and some other veges steaming on top. Place the steamed veges in individual bowls and spoon the soup over the top. Adjust amount of chicken stock paste to taste, depending how salty you like it. You can use raw cashews instead of almonds (Jo's tips).
I've left Jo's photos, as I didn't take any of my own, and I couldn't figure out how to remove them.
I got 5 adult sized serves from these quantities.
Using the Calorie King calorie counter, I calculated the following per serve: 1275 kj (305 cal); 22.4g protein; 18.4g fat; 4.8g carbohydrates
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls
- Blanch Vegetables
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Beef Ragu
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)