- 100 grams raw almonds
- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 2 stalk celery, chopped in 4
- 2 carrot, roughly cut
- 30 grams EVOO or butter
- 300 grams chicken thigh or breast, chopped in 1 inch pieces
- 500 grams water
- 2 tablespoons chicken stock paste
- 1 Handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 100 grams fresh or frozen peas
- 300 grams cauliflower floret
- 300 grams raw chicken thighs or breast, roughly chopped
- 300 grams vegetables (leek/onion/shallots, carrot, garlic, celery, celeriac)
- handful fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme, parsley)
- 150 grams coarse sea salt or rock salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 50 grams white wine
- 1 clove
- 5 coriander seeds
Recipe is created for
Mince up raw chicken using the turbo button to pulse a few times, with the lid on the locked position.
Add 300g veges and a few sprigs fresh herbs. Chop for 10 seconds on sp 5.
Add salt, bay leaf, white wine, clove and coriander seeds.
Cook for 20 mins, Varoma temp, speed 2, with simmering basket on top instead of MC.
Replace MC and blend 1 minute, speed 10.
Grind almonds in Thermomix bowl for 30 secs on speed 9, or until fine (alternately, use leftover meal from almond milk). Set aside. Place cauliflower florets in Thermomix bowl for 5 secs speed 5. Set aside.
Place onion, garlic cloves, celery and carrot in bowl and chop for 3 seconds, speed 5. Add oil (or butter) and cook for 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add chicken and cook 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add water, stock paste, and ground almonds, and cook for 30 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1.
Add parsley, cauliflower rice, and peas, cook another 5 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1. Adjust seasonings if needed, and serve.
Chicken stock paste
If you have a big family, or like more veges in your soup, you can add more chicken to the soup (leaving the peas out) and cook at Varoma temperature with the peas and some other veges steaming on top. Place the steamed veges in individual bowls and spoon the soup over the top. Adjust amount of chicken stock paste to taste, depending how salty you like it. You can use raw cashews instead of almonds (Jo's tips).
I've left Jo's photos, as I didn't take any of my own, and I couldn't figure out how to remove them.
I got 5 adult sized serves from these quantities.
Using the Calorie King calorie counter, I calculated the following per serve: 1275 kj (305 cal); 22.4g protein; 18.4g fat; 4.8g carbohydrates
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Choc Peppermint Fudgey Bean Biscuits- Egg, gluten and nut free.
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Easy Peel Steamed Peaches
- Grain Free Dairy Free Keto Lasagna
- Zucchini Donuts
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Choc Protein Balls
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread