- 2 bacon rashers, cut into pieces
- 1 leek, white part only &amp;amp;amp; cut into pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 grams Butter
- 4 corn cobs, kernels removed
- 1 potato, cut into pieces (2-3cm)
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste, (see Basic Cookbook)
- 1000 grams water
- 120 grams thickened cream
- OPTIONAL Garnish:, finely chopped red chilli &amp;amp;amp; thyme sprigs
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1: Place bacon into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
2: Add leek and garlic and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
3: Add butter and saute 5 min/100C/ "Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1
4: Add corn kernels, potato, stock and water. Cook 20 min/100C/speed 1 (or till potato is tender)
5: Add cream and blend 1 min / speed 5-9, increasing speed gradually.
Accessories you need
Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with chilli and thyme sprigs.
For a crunchy topping, you can also add some popcorn thats been tossed in a little chilli powder and salt flakes.
This has been adapted for use in the TM from a recipe in the Coles magazine.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Filipino Pandesal
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets