- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 40 grams Butter
- 850 grams pumpkin, chopped into approx 6 cms pieces, skin remaining
- 600 grams water
- 1 egg
- 3 heaped tablespoons flour
- 1 heaped tablespoon TM Vegetable stock paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- cream, to garnish
- chives, to garnish
- 300 grams Milk
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion in TM bowl and chop at speed 7 for 2 seconds with MC in place.
Add butter, and saute at 120 degrees, speed 1 for 3 minutes with MC in place.
Add pumpkin and saute at 120 degrees, speed 1, for five minutes with MC in place.
Add water and cook at 100 degrees, speed 1 for 30 minutes .
Puree the pumpkin mixture over 1 minute starting at speed 6 and graduating to speed 9 over that minute.
Add milk and set Thermomix to speed 4 at 100 degrees for 3 minutes and crack egg into soup mixture as it stirs at the one minute mark.
Add TM Vegetable stock, flour and salt and pepper and cook for a further 3 minutes at 100 degrees at speed 4.
Serve with a dollop of cream, chopped chives and dig in
This dish can be vegan if the egg and milk are left out - soy or almond milk can be substituted. It can also be gluten free if corn/rice flour in substituted for the wheat flour. This is delicious served with warm, crusty bread on cool Autumn or winter nights and is a big family favourite
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Steamed Salmon with Green Peppercorn sauce and Vegetables
- Matt Preston's Lamb, cashew and pineapple braise (adapted from lamb, walnut and pineapple braise - from 100 Best recipes
- Easy Spaghetti alla Bolognese
- Spaghetti Alla Puttanesca
- Vietnamese Beef with Lemon Grass and Chilli - converted from a Golden Lotus cooking class
- Donna Hay's Thai Chicken Soup
- Kylie Simpson's Rice Pudding with Earl Grey soaked Prunes and Brandy Syrup
- Green Thai Curry - Ben Milbourne's Masterchef recipe
- George Calombaris' Homemade baked beans
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Chai frappe with Irish cream
- Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Hanne's porcupines
- Gluten Free Yo Yo's
- Creamed Salmon Loaf
- Lemon sprinkle cookies
- Pumpkin & Cranberry Cookies (Sugar free)
- Spinach and ricotta pie
- Heidi's German Butterkuchen (Buttercake)
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Shogayaki Donburi (Gingered Pork on rice)