- 1 medium onion, halved
- 20 grams oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder or paste
- 700 grams parsnips peeled and chopped into large chunks
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock concentrate
- 1000 grams water
- 50-100 grams Cream (optional)
Chop onion 3 sec speed 7
Add oil and sauté 3 minutes Varoma temperature, speed 1
Add curry powder, cumin and coriander and sauté 1 min Varoma temperature, speed 1
Add parsnip and chop 5 sec speed 6
Add vegetable stock concentrate and water and cook for 20 mins 100 degrees speed 1
Add cream, if using, and puree for 1 minute by going slowly from speed 1 to speed 9
Curried Parsnip Soup
Adding the cream will give a richer result, but it works equally well without.
Parsnips give a natural sweet taste which matches well with the addition of the spices. My children adore this soup.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Variation Broccoli Soup
- The Fast 800 Curried Chicken and Lentil Soup
- Fennel soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Chicken Bacon and Vegetable Soup
- Bacon, Lentil and Vegetable Soup
- Corn and Potato Soup
- Next Level Pumpkin Soup
- Corn Chowder
- Pumpkin & Lentil Soup
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise
- Piquant Pork