- 1 leek, or small onion, peeled and halved
- 1 tomato, cut into 1/4s
- 1 Celery stalk, cut into 4, optional
- 20 grams olive oil
- 500 grams chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 level tablespoon cornflour, mixed to a slurry with 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Chopped Chives to Garnish, optional
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place onion, tomato and celery (if using) into. Slice peeled and washed leek into 2.5 cm pieces.
2. Chop on sp 5, 10 seconds.
3. Add oil to, and cook on varoma, sp 1, , for 5 minutes. Scrape .
4. Add chicken stock. Cook on Varoma on sp 2, , for 8 minutes.
5. With motor running on sp 2, add cornflour slurry through mc hole, app 1-2 mins, until thickened.
6. Bring soup back to a rolling boil on 1-2mins/Varoma, sp 2/
7. While soup is boiling rapidly and still on sp 3/ Varoma, pour beaten egg blended with sesame oil through MC hole.
8. Stop whizzing at this stage.
9. You should see some strands of noodle like egg strands.
10.Garnish with chopped chives and serve.
To make the soup
Accessories you need
This is a really nourishing, super easy soup to make.
You are limited only by your imagination. Add more veggies, chicken, whatever you fancy.
This recipe can easily be doubled.
The main thing is to make sure the soup is on a rapid boil when you add the beaten egg. This is what gives you the "noodles".
Your source for great recipes and cooking inspiration.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- Sweet potato soup with Lentils and Bacon
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Soup
- Zucchini Soup
- Brötchen (German bread rolls)
- GLUTEN FREE CRUMPETS
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Blueberry jam
- Aussie Potato Cakes
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Three ingredient biscuits/cookies
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- FNG Bar
- Paleo Banana & Walnut Muffins
- Thermo Papa's veg loaded pizza sauce
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough