- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cm piece ginger, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 stalk lemongrass, chopped
- 4 --- star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50 gram fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock (EDC)
- 1000 gram water
- 1 --- leftover chicken bones, I used small organic carcass
- sprigs coriander
- sprigs vietnamese mint
- 1 bunch beansprouts
- 1 bunch vegetbles of choice, spiralled or finely sliced
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place ginger, onion, garlic and lemongrass into TM bowl and chop 3 seconds, speed 7.
Add, chicken carcass and bones, cinnamon, fish sauce star anise, water, stock into TM bowl and cook for 30 minutes, 115 degrees (Varoma in TM31), speed soft. Leave MC in place.
Meanwhile sprialize some zucchini, or finely slice some vegetables such as carrot, parsnip, cucumber, etc and place in the bottom of a deep bowl
When soup fnished cooking use TM basket to pour liquid over vegetables and discard solid spices (star anise, cinnamon). Shred remaining chicken meat from the bones and add to broth, garnish with corriander, vitnamese basil and chilli and bean sprouts if desired.
You could use any meat bones you like to add flavour to this stock or fish bones.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Tomato Soup
- Broccoli and Kale Soup
- Green goodness soup
- Potato Soup
- Roasted pumpkin and carrot soup
- Cauliflower and brocolli soup
- Roast Pumpkin, Garlic & Corn soup with Caramelised Onion
- Cream of Brocolli Soup
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish