- 2 large onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 375 g Beef, stir fry strips or small diced
- 250 g canned diced tomatoes
- 450 g water, boiling, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper, ground
- 100 g red capsicum, diced in small pieces
- 300 g potatoes, peeled and diced in small pieces
- 1 tbsp Vegetable stock paste, or stock powder
- 1-2 tbsp cornflour, if thickening is required
- to taste cayenne pepper, If you like it spicy
- 1 tbsp sour cream, light, to taste
1. Chop onions 5 Sec./sp 5 scrape down and repeat as needed, set aside.
2. Place olive oil in jug and heat 1 min/varoma/sp 1, MC off
3. Place half the meat into the jug and cook 3 min/varoma/ sp 1, MC off
4. Add the rest of the meat and cook another 3 min/varoma/sp 1, MC off
5. Add the onions and cook 2 min/varoma/sp 1, MC off
6. Add the diced tomatoes, spices, stock concentrate or powder and 150 g of the water, cook 30 min/100°C/sp 1, MC on.
7. Add the red capsicum, potatoes and 300g water cook for another 20 min/100°C/sp 1, MC on or until the potatoes are cooked.
- If thickening is required, add the cornflour dissolved in a little cold water 5 min before the end of cooking time
- if used, add cayenne pepper in step 6
- if used, add light sour cream just before end of cooking or add a small dollop per bowl to serve.
If using pork instead of beef, the cooking time reduces by ca. 10 minutes
Accessories you need
Serve with warm crusty bread or garlic bread. Tastes even better the next day 😊
This recipe was translated by me and slightly adjusted to my preferences, originally inspired by this recipe in the German Thermomix community:
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Green goodness soup
- Potato Soup
- Roasted pumpkin and carrot soup
- Cauliflower and brocolli soup
- Roast Pumpkin, Garlic & Corn soup with Caramelised Onion
- Cream of Brocolli Soup
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup