- 30 g Butter
- 3 handfuls of silverbeet leaves, stripped from the stems; or spinach
- a few leaves of celery, or a stick
- 1 small onion, (and 1 clove garlic, optional)
- 1 Handful parsley
- 1 litre water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 heaped tablespoon TMX stock concentrate, (chicken or vegetable, as preferred)
Place in the TMX bowl 30g butter and the onion and garlic. Chop on speed 8 for 10 seconds.
Take off MC and saute for 2 minutes on 100 degrees C on speed 2.
Add all greens and chop speed 7 for 4 seconds. Add water and stock concentrate and simmer for 15 minutes on 100 degrees C on speed 2.
Blend until smooth, by slowly moving the dial up to speed 9. Keep pureeing for 30 seconds.
Add a swirl of sour cream to the soup just before serving.
This may sound odd, but it is SO good ... it is never twice the same, depending on what there is in the garden, so the ingredient amounts are just guidelines. Do not fill the bowl beyond the 2 litre mark.
Try using lettuces, when they are threatening to "bolt"; or the tops of broad beans, when pinched to stop growth; or young peapods - any green garden vegetable you like, except the cabbage family (cabbage tends to be too dominant).
Converted by Roslyn Teirney from the recipe on page 9 of Elizabeth Godfrey's The Best of Carefree Cooking, Fitzroy Publishers, Sandy Bay, Tas., 1980.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Creamy cauliflower soup
- Coconut Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Spicy zucchini soup
- Pumpkin Soup
- Russian Meatloaf
- Varoma pumpkin & whisky bread & butter pudding
- Pumpkin Jam (Misti Kumra)
- Pumpkin and Lentil Dahl
- Hidden Vege Sorbet
- Creamed Cheese Bread Pudding using leftover fruitcake
- Poached Pumpkin with Sesame and Cloves
- Ginger Margarita Sorbet
- Gluten-free maple pudding
- Spiced Blueberry Mousse
- Kasha (Buckwheat with Mushrooms and Onions)
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Lemon Drop Cookies (no sugar | egg yolk cookies)
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Prawns
- Variation Easy American Banana Cookies
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce