- 1/4 bunch parsley leaves (fresh no stalks)
- 1/4 bunch Basil Leaves (Fresh)
- 180 g Brown onion peeled
- 2 cloves fresh garlic peeled
- 30 g olive oil
- 200 g Bacon or Pancetta cut into small strips
- 600 g Vegetables already diced (ie celery, leek, carrot, potato, green beans, zucchini or frozen peas)
- 40 g tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 750 g water
- 130 g Small pasta shells or of choice
- 420 g Tin borlotti beans rinsed & drained
- salt/pepper to taste
- grated parmesan to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Just a quick tip before you start. If you half bacon still quite tasty but if you use full amount be careful with stock paste as it can end up on salty side. You won't need extra seasoning at the end and be careful with how much Parmesan you use. You can over salt this soup. Enjoy
Place parsley and basil into TM bowl and chop for 3sec/speed 7. Set aside in seperate bowl
- Halve onion and place that and garlic into TM bowl and chop for 3sec/speed 6. Add oil and sauté for 3min/100°C/speed 1 (MC off)
Add bacon or pancetta and cook for 5min/Varoma temperature on + speed 1 and strainer on top to prevent splatter
Add vegetables (not zucchini or peas if using), add tomato paste, veggie stock paste and water and cook for 15min/100°C on + speed 1.5 and MC on
Add pasta, zucchini & peas and cook for a further 15min/100°C on speed 1.5 with strainer on
- Add rinsed beans, herbs and heat through sp 1.5 for 1 min. Season if needed and serve sprinkled with Parmesan.
If you don't mind the rustic look or want to purée your soup, you could chop your vegetables beforehand in Thermomix to desired size. Chop zucchini seperately and place aside with frozen peas until required. Enjoy this soup with crusty bread. I prefer to hand dice my vegetables so have not puréed this soup.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cauliflower & Wild Rice Soup
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese