- 1 portions brown onion, Peeled s
- 1 portions carrot
- 1 portions potato, Peeled
- 250 g lentil, red split, Washed
- 1250 g water
- 1 level tablespoon stock paste, Thermi made one is best
- 1.5 level tbsp Red capsicum paste, I make mine in the summer, but you can purchase from your local grocer or make in thermi
- 20 g olive oil, A little extra also for decorating
- 1 level tbsp paprika
- 1 level teaspoons dried mint, Not a must
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Chop brown onion 5 sec/speed 5
Scrape down sides
Add 20g of oil and sauté for 3min/120*/speed 1
Add carrot and peeled potato and chop 5 sec/speed6. Scrape bowl.
Add water, washed red lentils, stock and capsicum paste( I made this during the summer, but I'm sure you can purchase it from your local grocer ) and cook 25min/100*/speed 2
Blend 1 min speed 4-8, increasing speed gradually.
In a small pan, add olive oil, mint and paprika on high heat..then add on top of soup! (You can leave the mint out...the choice is yours)
Enjoy with a crusted piece of Turkish bread!
turkish red lentil soup
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Halawet El Jibn (Sweet Cheese Dessert)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Wazza's Creamy Pasta with Hot Smoked Salmon
- Navajo Fry Bread
- Vegetarian Minestone
- Hot Chilli Jam
- French bread (overnight)