- 5 potatoes
- 2 tsp oil or butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 200 grams Bacon Pieces
- 500 grams water
- 3 tsp vegetable stock paste TM
- 2 sprigs parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 200 grams Milk
- 50 grams chopped parsley
- pinch white pepper
- 2 leeks, white part only
- Grated cheese to serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add leeks and garlic to TM bowl and chop 4 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with spatula and add the bacon and oil.
Saute 2 minutes/100 degrees/ speed 1
Add the potatoes, stock, bay leaf, parsley sprigs and weigh in the water.
Cook 20 minutes/98 degress/
Remove bay leaf.
Puree 1 minute/slowly going to 9.
Weigh in milk and parsley. Heat 2 Minutes/98 degrees/ speed 2
Serve with grated cheese sprinkled on top.
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Leek and Potato Soup
From the 1998 Edition of the Edmonds Cookery Book/Page 87
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- creamy parmesan sauce or dip
- Thai basil chilli chicken blade cover
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Bacon & Cheese Rolls - Mixquisite
- Zopf (Swiss Milk Bread)
- Apple-Cinnamon Choc Chip Muffin
- Easy peasy iced custard tarts
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!