- 1 brown onion, Peeled & quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 1 teaspoon Thyme, leaves only
- 150 grams Butter
- 30 grams Evoo
- 250 grams Swiss Brown Mushrooms, brushed clean
- 10 grams Dried Porcini Mushrooms
- 250 grams Boiling water
- 1 teaspoon Veg Stock Paste
- 750 grams water
- 100 grams cream
- Zest of half a lemon
- zest of half an orange
- 3-4 drops Truffle Oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Evoo
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place a heatproof bowl on the lid of Thermomix and weigh in boiling water. Add dried porcini mushrooms and set aside for at least 30 minutes making sure all mushrooms are submerged.
Add onion, garlic, thyme, 50g of butter and oil to TM bowl and chop on speed 5 for 5 seconds. Scrape down with the spatula and repeat chopping. Sautee for 6 minutes on Varoma temperature - Speed 0.5.
Add remaining 100g butter and swiss brown mushrooms to TM bowl and chop for 3 seconds on speed 5. Chop for longer if needed until all mushrooms are chopped evenly. Cook for 10 minutes on 100 degrees - speed 0.5. The mushrooms should start to release water and become soft.
Add reconstituted porcini mushrooms plus the water they were soaking in to the TM bowl. Add water and veg stock paste. Cook for 15-20 minutes on 100 degrees speed 0.5 until all mushrooms are soft.
In the meantime make the flavoured oil by adding EVOO, truffle oil, lemon & orange zest to a small bowl. Mix with a pinch of salt and allow to rest so flavours permeate the oil.
Once mushrooms are cooked add cream, salt and pepper to taste to the TM bowl and cook for a final 2 minutes on 100 degrees speed 0.5.
Add a splash more water only if the soup has reduced too much and is too thick making sure not to exceed the maximum level. Then blend on speed 9 for at least 1 minute bringing the speed up slowly. Check seasoning and adjust to taste.
Serve immediately and finish with a sprinkle of flavoured oil on top. You can add a few more thyme leaves for garnish and added flavour.
This dish can be served as a hearty winter meal, an entree or even a warm canape served in shot glasses.
Mushroom Cappuccino with Flavoured Oil
Accessories you need
Dried porcini mushrooms can be found at good supermarkets and delis. Shop around as they can be costly but a little bit goes a long way. Aldi has proved to be a good place to buy porcini's when they are in stock. You could substitute with dried shitake mushrooms but the flavour won't be as pungent. Dried mushrooms are shelf stable in your pantry if dry and sealed well.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Custard Cross Buns
- Fleur's Cauliflower Muffins
- Banana Hazelnut & Honey Bread
- Carrot Cakes with Harissa Yoghurt
- Bánh Xèo - Crispy Vietnamese Pancakes with Nuoc Tuong - Yellow Bean Sauce
- Pistachio ANZAC Biscuits - Variation on EDC recipe
- Barbecue Sauce
- Cashew Cheese - dairy free
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Sautéed Chestnut Mushrooms
- Simple sausage rolls
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Fara's red kidney beans and beef chilli
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)