- 1 brown onion, medium
- 2 cloves garlic
- 20 g Butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 650 g pumpkin, butternut
- 1 carrot, cut into to 2-3cm cubes
- 150 g sweet potato, cut into 2-3m cubes
- 500 g water
- 1 tablespoon Chicken stock concentrate, heaped
- 60 g cream
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- --- Salt and pepper, to taste
- basil, torn, to serve
- parmesan, to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place brown onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down.
- Add butter, cumin and coriander and sauté 3 min/120 degrees/speed 1.
- Add pumpkin, carrot, sweet potato, stock and water to bowl and cook 30 min/100 degrees/speed 2/reverse.
- Season to taste and add cream and nutmeg and blend 1 min/speed 5-9, increasing speed gradually.
Serve with basil and parmesan. (And some delicious buttery toast or the Easy Ciabatta Bread from the recipe community).
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sweet and sour prawn and coconut soup - Fouad Kassab
- French Onion Soup - Variation for (V) (VG)
- Emergency Lentil Soup
- Vegetable and Red Lentil Soup
- Left Over Chicken Soup
- Quick Asian Noodle soup
- Mushroom cappuccino - Dani Valent
- Vegetable and Lentil Soup
- Creamy Celery, Potato and Leek Soup
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Vegan Chickwheat Shreds (Seitan)
- Vegetarian Lasagne
- Cauliflower mango coconut curry
- Chickpea and oat crackers
- Creamy Satay Chicken Risotto
- Chicken Fusilli in creamy white wine sauce
- Arroz Con Pollo Risotto
- Paleo savoury muffins
- Raspberry Friands
- Pale ale jelly and white chocolate mousse - Matthew Morrissey
- Thai style yellow curry - Matthew Morrissey