- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and halved
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 1 stalk celery, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 small carrots, roughly chopped, or 1 large
- 1/2 red capsicum, deseeded
- 1-2 red skin potatoes, peeled and halved
- 1/8 cabbage, coarsely chopped
- 1 Small piece of Pumpkin
- 5 sprigs parsley, leaves only
- 3 sprigs fresh coriander, leaves only
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 80 grams quinoa, rinsed
- 600 grams water
- 1 tbsp TM Vegetable stock paste
- to taste Salt and pepper
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place parsley and coriander leaves in mixing bowl. Chop 2 sec/speed 5. set aside
2. Place carrots, capsicum, potato, pumpkin and cabbage and chop 3-5 sec/speed 4,5. set aside.
3. Place onion, leek, celery and garlic in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/ speed 5.
4. Add coconut oil and saute 3 min/ Varoma/ speed 1.
5. Add cumin and saute 1 min/Varoma/ speed 1.
6. Add reserved chopped vegetables (except coriander and parsley), water, stock paste and salt and pepper. Cook 8 min/100C//speed 1.
7. Add Quinoa and cook 15-18 min/100C// till vegetables are tender and quinoa cooked.
8. Stir through the reserved parsley and coriander (3 sec//speed2).
9. season with extra salt and pepper to taste
Quinoa and Vegetable Soup
* This recipe is based on a Donna Gates recipe and is suitable for those following the body ecology eating principles
* You can add other vegetables like sweet potato.
*Chop a quick coleslaw from your left over cabbage, carrot and coriander
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Sweet Potato, Carrot, Coconut and Lime Soup
- Broccoli, Zucchini & Leek Soup
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Pumpkin, lime & coconut soup
- Vegetable soup (with McKenzies dry soup mix)
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- cauliflower sauce (gf df)
- Quinoa Kicharee
- Walnut Patties
- Lentil Moussaka (vegan)
- MuesliBars (nut free)
- Nut, Seed and Vanilla Mylk Smoothie
- gluten free vegetable buns
- Rice Tortitas - Spanish
- green smoothie: my favorite!
- Green Smoothie (basic)
- Cream of Asparagus Soup (dairy free)
- Quinoa & Spring Vegetable Salad with Kale Pesto