- 160 g Sour Creme
- 180 g heavy cream
- 5 g mint leaves
- 6-8 sprigs Mint for garnish
- 160 g sour cream or creme fraiche
- 550 g tomatoes, ripe, peeled and seeded
- 280 g cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 45 g cucumbers, peeled and seeded; chop for garnish
- 750 g rockmelon, seeds and rind removed
- 1 small orange, grated zest only
Insert Butterfly. Place Creams in TM bowl and beat for 15 seconds on speed 4.
Set aside in a glass bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand in the kitchen or other reasonably warm spot overnight, or until thickened. In cold weather this may take as long as 24 hours.
Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, after which the Crème Fraîche will be quite thick. The tart flavour will continue to develop as the crème fraîche sits in the refrigerator.
Chop fresh Mint 2-3 seconds on speed 7. Set aside.
Place Tomatoes, Cucumbers and Rockmelon in TM bowl and chop for 10 seconds on speed 4 with aid of the spatula. Scrape down the sides.
Add Orange zest, Mint and Sour Cream or Crème Fraîche and chop for an additional 15 seconds on speed 7. Chill.
To serve, ladle into bowls and garnish with a bit of chopped Cucumber and a sprig of Mint.
Finely Chopped Mint
Accessories you need
Converted from The Silver Palate Cookbook ©1982
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.