- 850 grams peeled pumpkin, Butternut, Cubed
- 2 carrots, Peeled and roughly sliced
- 30 grams Butter
- 1 level tablespoon Keens Curry Powder
- 1 brown onion, Roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 heaped tablespoon chicken stock paste
- 1 sachet french onion soup mix
- 1 can coconut milk, 400ml
- 500 grams water
Place onion, garlic in bowl blitz for 3 seconds on speed 7. Scrape down sides add in butter and curry powder.
Saute 3 minutes varoma speed 1 (mc removed).
Place peeled pumpkin, carrot, chicken stock concentrate, French Onion Soup Mix, water and coconut milk.
Cook for 20 minutes on varoma speed 1.
Blend for 1 minute speed 9 gradually increasing speed from 1 to speed 9.
Serve with dollop sour cream and sprinkle of cracked pepper
You can substitute the vegetable stock for chicken stock if preferred. Also you can choose a different curry paste such as a mild vindaloo paste.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin Soup with Chorizo
- Celeriac & Parmesan Soup with Pear
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup
- Sweet Potato, Carrot, Coconut and Lime Soup
- Broccoli, Zucchini & Leek Soup
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Chicken and Vegetable Soup
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Pumpkin, lime & coconut soup
- Vegetable soup (with McKenzies dry soup mix)
- Cabbage Roll Soup
- Variation Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup