- 1 brown onion, medium size, skin removed, cut into halves
- 40 g olive oil
- 2 tbsp Thai red curry paste, (see Thermomix Basic Cook Book, p. 68)
- 750 g water
- 250 g red lentils
- 1 can coconut milk, 270ml can
- 1.5 tbsp lime juice, (English tablespoon measure)
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce, light soy sauce or any soy sauce to hand (English tablespoon measure)
- 0.5 tsp salt, to taste
- 15 g fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 4 tsp Chilli Paste, 1 tsp to 1 tbs of chilli paste to taste per serve
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5 (lid on). Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
2. Add oil and sauté 3 min/120°C/speed 1 (lid off).
3. Add red Thai curry paste and cook 1 min/100°C/speed 1 to release the flavours.
4. Add water, red lentils, Kaffir lime leaves and cook 20 min/100°C/"Counter-clockwise operation" /speed 1.
5. Remove lime leaves.
6. Blend soup for 10 sec/speed 9 to smooth.
7. Add coconut milk, lime juice, soy sauce, salt.
8. Cook 5 min/90°C/speed 2. (Need to get it mixed through, so consider just adding it all before blending soup)
9. Pour into serving bowls, garnished with fresh coriander leaves and serve with a teaspoon to tablespoon of chilli paste per serve (to taste).
Accessories you need
This is quite a thick soup.
Use the Thai Red Curry Paste from the Thermomix Basic Cook Book, p. 68.
Prefer Ayam brand coconut milk due to quality.
Prefer Pantai Brand chilli paste with soya bean oil due to flavour which is balanced and flavoursome while not having 'blow-your-socks-off' heat. Note this paste is not suitable for people with a shellfish allergy.
Serve with a bread of your choice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup