- 1 kg pumpkin flesh, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 leek, white part only
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon Ground Coriander
- 1 potato, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 950 grams water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock
- cream, to serve
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat the oven to 180/160 degrees (fan forced).
Place the pumpkin onto the baking tray, drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place into the oven for 40 minutes, or until tender.
Add the onion, garlic and leek to the Thermomix bowl and chop – 5 seconds/speed 5.
Add the remaining oil and sauté – 3 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
Add the spices and cook – 1 minute/100 degrees/speed 1.
Add the chopped potato, carrot, water and vegetable stock paste/powder and cook – 25 minutes/100 degrees/speed 1.
Place the roasted pumpkin into the Thermomix bowl, with the soup.
Blend the soup – 1 minute/speed 9 or until silky smooth. (Make sure to slowly bring the speed up from 1 to 9).
Season to your liking and serve with a dollop of cream.
You can find more recipes on my blog By Lara Dee (www.bylaradee.com.au)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Lentil Soup
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- VEGAN Cheesy Broccoli Soup - LCHF
- Yummy Chicken & Vegetable Soup
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Variation Curried lentil and pumpkin soup
- Curry Pea Soup
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Pumpkin and Leek Soup
- Creamy broccoli leek and ham soup
- Beef Stew just like nans.