- 30 grams Butter
- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 - 5 potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 pinch pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 1 dash Milk, to thin if required
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add leek and onion to bowl. Chop 5 secs, speed 5. Scrape down sides of the bowl and reapet if necessary.
2. Scrape down bowl. Add Butter to bowl. Cook 5 mins, 100c, speed 1
3. Add potatoes and cook 5 mins, 100C, speed 1
4. Add chicken stock and cook 20mins, 100C, speed 2 or until potatoes are soft.
5. Puree slowly increasing the speed from 1-7 for 1-2mins until smooth.
6. Add salt and pepper to taste. (I put in quite a bit of pepper)
7. Cook another 3mins, 100C, speed 2 to incorporate cream.
8. Add a bit of milk if you think soup is a bit thick.
9. Serve with crust bread.
Potato and leek soup
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tom Kha Gai (Thai Coconut Soup)
- Cauliflower, Zucchini & Leek Soup with Bacon Dust & Goats Cheese
- Prawn & Chicken Laksa
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Autumn Spiced Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Califlower soup with parmesen and bacon dust
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup
- Cauliflower and bacon soup LCHF
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Broccoli and Lemon Soup topped with Goats Feta and Seeds
- WW 2SP Chilled Cucumber Soup
- Nutella cinnamon (donut) cupcakes
- Honey Mustard Chicken in 13 mins (non shredding!!)
- Fruit Snack Bars
- Leek, Corn & Feta Frittata
- Chicken and Zucchini brown rice Risotto
- Jamie Oliver's Tray Baked Sole
- Banana Cream Cheese Breakfast Cakes
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli in Creamy Pesto Sauce
- LCHF egg curry
- Bacon and mushroom pasta (light version made with milk not cream)
- Sunday morning quick'n easy rolls
- Coconut Condensed Milk (dairy free)