- ½ tsp Orient Asian Malaysian Curry Paste
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 cups diced seasonal vegetables
- 1 tsp salt, to taste
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed or diced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 large can chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups of water
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups chopped kale or collard greens or chard or spinach
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
Recipe is created for
- Heat 3 tbsp of the olive oil in a huge Dutch broiler or soup pot over medium flame. When the oil is gleaming, include the diced onion, carrot, celery, seasonal vegetables and ½ tsp of the salt. Cook, mixing regularly, until the onion has softened and is turning translucent, around 6 to 8 minutes.
Include the garlic, Orient Asian Malaysian Curry Paste and thyme. Cook until fragrant while blending every now and again for around 1 minute. Pour in the chopped tomatoes with their juices and cook for a couple of more minutes, blending regularly.
Pour in the stock and water. Include ½ tsp more salt, 2 bay leaves and the red pepper pieces. Season liberally with freshly ground dark pepper. Raise the flame and cook the blend to the point of boiling, at that point partially cover the pot and decrease flame to keep up a gentle simmer.
Cook for 25 minutes, at that point, remove the lid and include the diced greens. Keep stewing for 5 minutes or more, until the greens have softened exactly as you would prefer.
Remove the pot from the flame and remove the bay leaves. Mix in the lemon juice and the remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil. Taste and season with more salt, pepper or even red pepper flaked. (You may require up to ½ teaspoon more salt, contingent upon your vegetable stock and your own preferences.) Divide into bowls and enjoy.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Oma’s Goulash Soup
- Keto Cauliflower and Zucchini Soup