THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 3 carrots, Roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, Roughly chopped
- 1 onion, Quartered
- 200 g potato, Chopped
- 500 g green split peas
- 1 level teaspoons liquid smoke seasoning
- 2 level teaspoons salt
- 1/2 level teaspoons pepper, ground
- 2000 g water
- 1 cans jackfruit, Drained (optional - see tips)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Note: if using jackfruit, prepare it now, before starting the soup by shredding on speed 5 for 3 seconds or until it resembles "ham", set aside.
1. Add carrots, celery and onion to "Closed lid" chop on speed 5 for 5 seconds. Scrape sides.
2. Add split peas, potatoes and fill with water to the max mark. Cook on varoma, 15 minutes, speed"Gentle stir setting" . Basket on lid to prevent splatter.
3. Reduce to 95 degrees, 30 minutes, speed "Gentle stir setting" . Basket on.
4. Add liquid smoke, salt and pepper. Cook for a further 10 minutes on 95 degrees, speed "Gentle stir setting" . Basket on.
5. Blend by slowly increasingly speed to 9 for 1 minute. MC on.
6. Stir in jackfruit.
Original recipe: Serve with croutons and smoked paprika.
My tips: if you prefer a thinner soup, omit the potato.
If you want a "ham" texture, drain and shred a can of jackfruit before, set aside, mix through after blending.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Beef and Lentil Soup
- Tuscan Bean Soup modified
- Chicken Noodle Soup
- Super Simple Veggie Soup
- Trahana Tomato Soup
- Keto Friendly Seafood Chowder
- Cauliflower soup with coconut milk
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Roast carrot and cumin soup
- Corn, Bacon and Potato Chowder
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- Quick & easy vegan snickers (adapted from Wholefood Simply)
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese (adapted from I Quit Sugar/Sami Bloom)
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Vegan green curry
- Vegan Brazilian 'No-Cheese' Puffs
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Bakso Goreng (Fried Meatball)
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Filipino Pandesal
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- Macadmia Nut tartlets