THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 3 carrots, Roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, Roughly chopped
- 1 onion, Quartered
- 200 g potato, Chopped
- 500 g green split peas
- 1 level teaspoons liquid smoke seasoning
- 2 level teaspoons salt
- 1/2 level teaspoons pepper, ground
- 2000 g water
- 1 cans jackfruit, Drained (optional - see tips)
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Note: if using jackfruit, prepare it now, before starting the soup by shredding on speed 5 for 3 seconds or until it resembles "ham", set aside.
1. Add carrots, celery and onion to chop on speed 5 for 5 seconds. Scrape sides.
2. Add split peas, potatoes and fill with water to the max mark. Cook on varoma, 15 minutes, speed. Basket on lid to prevent splatter.
3. Reduce to 95 degrees, 30 minutes, speed . Basket on.
4. Add liquid smoke, salt and pepper. Cook for a further 10 minutes on 95 degrees, speed . Basket on.
5. Blend by slowly increasingly speed to 9 for 1 minute. MC on.
6. Stir in jackfruit.
Original recipe: Serve with croutons and smoked paprika.
My tips: if you prefer a thinner soup, omit the potato.
If you want a "ham" texture, drain and shred a can of jackfruit before, set aside, mix through after blending.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- Quick & easy vegan snickers (adapted from Wholefood Simply)
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese (adapted from I Quit Sugar/Sami Bloom)
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Vegan green curry
- Vegan All-Purpose Cheese Sauce from @ohsheglows
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Raspberry & Coconut Scones
- Paper Mache boiled flour and water paste
- Slow-cook turmeric paste for lamb
- Caramel slice (no bake filling from scratch in Thermomix)
- Spring onion Butter Cookie
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Chicken In Satay Sauce
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)