THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 3 carrots, Roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, Roughly chopped
- 1 onion, Quartered
- 200 g potato, Chopped
- 500 g green split peas
- 1 level teaspoons liquid smoke seasoning
- 2 level teaspoons salt
- 1/2 level teaspoons pepper, ground
- 2000 g water
- 1 cans jackfruit, Drained (optional - see tips)
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Note: if using jackfruit, prepare it now, before starting the soup by shredding on speed 5 for 3 seconds or until it resembles "ham", set aside.
1. Add carrots, celery and onion to chop on speed 5 for 5 seconds. Scrape sides.
2. Add split peas, potatoes and fill with water to the max mark. Cook on varoma, 15 minutes, speed . Basket on lid to prevent splatter.
3. Reduce to 95 degrees, 30 minutes, speed . Basket on.
4. Add liquid smoke, salt and pepper. Cook for a further 10 minutes on 95 degrees, speed . Basket on.
5. Blend by slowly increasingly speed to 9 for 1 minute. MC on.
6. Stir in jackfruit.
Original recipe: Serve with croutons and smoked paprika.
My tips: if you prefer a thinner soup, omit the potato.
If you want a "ham" texture, drain and shred a can of jackfruit before, set aside, mix through after blending.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Cantonese style Sweet Corn and Crab Meat Soup
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Creamy Coconut & Vegetable Soup
- Pick-me-up Turmeric Chicken Noodle Soup
- Mushroom Soup with Soba
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Variation Goulash Soup
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Vegan no bake energy balls (birthday cake) from The Edgy Veg
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Seitan (vegan mock meat) with crumb mix and gravy
- Quick & easy vegan snickers (adapted from Wholefood Simply)
- Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese (adapted from I Quit Sugar/Sami Bloom)
- Vegan coconut chickpea curry
- Raw vegan peanut butter slice (converted from @nourishnotpunish)
- Raw vegan jam donut balls
- Vegan green curry
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Green Chicken & Veg Curry
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Rich Tomato Sauce - for everything
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Chiko Roll - Gluten Free
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Seafood Mornay Sauce
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Moroccan eggplant with cauliflower mash