- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Gelatin powder
- 1 onion brown, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch parsley
- 10 gram oil
- 400 grams Sushi Rice
- 10 gram Sushi Rice Seasoning
- 280 gram white wine
- 1 package panko breadcrumbs
- 100 grams plain flour
- 120 grams water
- 80 grams Mozarella Cheese
- 50 grams blue cheese
- 30 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams plain flour, Plus additional flour as required
- 140 grams full cream milk
- 2 eggs
Add gelatin powder to your chicken stock and allow to dissolve.
Whist this is dissolving, add Onion, Garlic, Parsley and Chop Spd 6 (3 secs), scrape down, and chop Spd 6 (1 sec)
Add your oil and saute for 2mins at 100 degrees
Insert your Butterfly, add the Sushi Rice and for 3mins at 100 degrees
Add the White Wine and Sushi Seasoning and for 3mins at 100 degrees
Add 600 grams Chicken Stock/Gelatin mix, and Spd1 for 10mins at 100 degrees
Add 150 grams of the Chicken Stock/Gelatin mix, and Spd1 for 6mins at 100 degrees
When all cooked, place into a mixing bowl and set aside
Melt butter for 2 min/100 degrees/Spd 1/MC.
Add flour and cook for 1 min/100 degrees/spd 1/MC.
Add milk salt and pepper, scrap down sides of bowl and mix for 2 sec/spd 5/MC to combine.
Cook for 8 min/100 degrees/spd 2/MC.
I struggle with fixed ingredients to get a good sauce so add flour or milk until you get a thick and creamy sauce.
Check that all flour is combined by scraping sides of bowl again with spatula, then briefly mix again for 2 sec/spd 5/MC
Add eggs and whisk 2sec/spd 4
Add the bechamel to the risotto and stir in thoroughly (i just did this by hand in the mixing bowl i'd left the risotto in)
Line 2 trays with baking paper and spread the risotto across them in thin layers.
Refrigerate the risotto for at least an hour until throroughly chilled and thickened
Finely mill Panko Bread crumbs 5 sec/spd7, place into a shallow tray
Create a flour slurry by whisking 160g water with 100g flour 20 sec/spd3, place into a bowl
Cube your mozarella and blue cheese into little squares and place on a plate
Take a small round of your risotto mixture, flatten it out (in your hand or on a piece of baking paper) and place some mozarella and blue cheese into it
Ball the risotto around the cheese sealing it in
Roll it in your bowl of flour slurry, then roll in your breadcrumbs and repeat. You can vary the size from golf balls, to tennis balls depending upon what you want.
Use up all your risotto mix and set your balls aside to prepare to deep fry them
Heat oil in a deep fryer or pan and deep fry your arancini, removing with a slotted spoon once they are golden
Serve with a few leaves of salad as an entree. The arancini should be crunchy on the outside and moist and goey inside!
Preparing the Risotto
Making the bechamel sauce
Complete the creamy risotto
Creating your balls
Deep frying arancini
Accessories you need
The bechamel sauce helps keep the risotto from drying out and keeps it moist.
You can vary the texture of the breadcrumbs as you like.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- F45 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Bacon, sweet potato and zucchini slice
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Variation Zucchini Slice gluten free
- Artisan apple bread
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Low FODMAP Creamy Mustard & Maple Sauce
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- Healthy Carrot Cake Biscuits - Dairy Free