- 400 g pork fillet cubed 2cm
- 1 onion peeled and 1/4
- 30 g oil, olive or sunflower oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 125 g water
- 70 g soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 tablespoon Corn Flour
- 400 g plain flour
- 150 g water
- 100 g Milk
- 2 teaspoon dried yeast
- 70 g sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 heaped teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Pinch salt
- 1.5 litres Boiling water, add 8 mins if using cold water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion and garlic into TM bowl and chop 3 seconds speed 7 . Scrape down sides.
Add oil and saute for 3 minutes 120 (or varoma in TM31) speed 2.
Add remaining ingredients and cook 10 minutes 100 deg reverse speed 1. check cooked
Drain pork but do not discard the sauce.Set sauce aside.
Shred pork 5 secs speed 5. Set aside to cool.
Place sauce back in bowl and add corn flour , cook 5 mins 90deg speed 2 til lthickened.
set aside , clean bowl for dough
place all ingredients into TM bowl and mix 6 secs speed 6
knead for 2 minutes
ok to rest dough and filling in fridge til needed next day or use straight away.
divide dough into 12 pieces approx 70 gm each
cover dough with damp cloth while shaping buns.
lightly grease varoma tray and dish .
Roll each piece into a ball and flatten gently between palms of hand. With fingers gently shape into a disc.
Place generous tablespoon of filling into centre and gather edges together . Pinch top to fully wrap filling.
Place buns into dish and tray and cover buns in tray with paper towl to soak up the moisture.
Use boiling water . 1 litre.
Steam 10 -15 mins varoma speed 2. If using cold water make this 25 mins cos takes 8 mins to get to steaming temp
Enjoy with the sauce or soy sauce.
filling and sauce
get help with the bun forming.. family affair. better when pork filling made day before, eg cooled
this recipe can be made in the TM31 with no changes.
use tamari for gluten free option
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sues Sultana Cake
- Madeleines Carrot and Coriander Soup
- Asian Rhubarb and Carrot Soup
- Egg Tart
- Cod and potato chowder
- Chrissys Sultana and Bran Muffins
- Beef and Pepper Casserole
- Chicken Congee Filo style
- maryannes mashed potato
- Maryannes Seafood Chowder
- wholemeal spelt bread
- Carins Curried Broccoli and Potato soup
- Mixed Herb Pesto (use up your herbs!)
- CARAMELITAS (SALTED CARAMEL FLAPJACKS)
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Bec’s dim dims.
- Low Sugar Plum Jam or Apricot Jam
- Apricot Roll Ups / Fruit Leathers - @Thermo.Cazza
- Three ingredient biscuits/cookies
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Choc Nut Slice
- Chai Turmeric
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice