- 250 g Chicken, diced, 3 cm cubes
- 250 g green prawns, peeled
- 2 spring onions/shallots
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained
- 1 egg
- 40 g fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, or palm sugar
- 40 g oyster sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tbsp of water
- spray oil for greasing
- 300 g Jasmine rice
- 750 g water
Place garlic in bowl and chop for 2 sec/ speed 7
Add chicken and finely chop by pressing turbo twice
add green prawns, sping onions water chestnuts and chop for 3-5 sec/ speed 7 depending on your perferred consistancy
add fish sauce, oyster sauce, white pepper, sugar and mix for 8 secs/ speed 4 on reverse until incorparated.
Close the sides by lifting corners and pinching them
Spray the Varoma with oil (optional)
Place the dumplings into varoma basket and tray
Do not bunch them up as they will expand as the cook
If 2 batches are required place wontons in Thermoserver to keep warm, while the 2nd batch steams.
Alternatively freeze remaining dumplings or 1/2 the batch
Server with rice, curled shollots and a simple dipping sauce.
This recipe is large enough that you may have to do 2 batches. You can enjoy the first batch while 2nd batch is steaming, or freeze some of the dumplings or 1/2 the recipe to suit.
If you are steaming without the rice, you can reduce speed to 2
Meatballs can be steamed without wrapping in wonton wrapper to be added to an asian soup or have with a simple dipping sauce. This would make in GF, no carbs.
Serve with dipping sauce such as soy sauce or sweet chilli sauce.
Garnish with strips of shollots that have been curled by sitting in iced water for a couple of minutes.
gluten free version , use rice paper to wrap.
egg free, omit egg in mixture and use water to seal wontons.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- F45 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Bacon, sweet potato and zucchini slice
- Melting Moments
- Plum Torte
- Artichoke Dip
- Rich Vanilla Bean Icecream
- Chocolate Rough Slice
- Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
- Italian Style Meatloaf with rich porcini sauce
- Pear and Apple Chutney
- MULLED WINE AND PEAR SORBET
- Stir fry Rice Noodles with Chicken and Prawns
- Honey Soy Chicken Drumsticks
- Chocolate Crackles
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Autumn Pear cake
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Taro and sago
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup