- 1 slice stale or frozen bread
- 1 can 400g brown lentils drained
- 1 carrot
- 1 egg, beaten
- 40 g walnuts
- 15 g fresh chives
- 2 tablespoon Bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 4 sheets Puff pastry
Recipe is created for
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees celcius, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Break bread into 3cm pieces and process 10 sec/speed 6. Set aside.
3. Add walnuts, chives, carrot to TM bowl, chop 3 sec/speed 6.
4. Add in the reserved breadcrumbs, egg, lentils, sesame seeds, and sauces. Combine ingredients 10 sec/speed 4.
5. Spoon mixture along each puff pastry sheet, approx 5 cm from the edges. Use the back of a spoon to smooth out the mixture so it is even and approx 3 to 4 cm wide.
6. Fold pastry over the filling and roll up to form your sausage rolls. Each pastry sheet should give you two long rolls. Cut each roll in half, or to the size you require.
7. Place on baking tray and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
Accessories you need
- I put sesame seeds inside my rolls but you could brush your rolls with a bit of water and sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top before baking.
- These rolls can be cut into small bite size portions before baking, to use as a party food. Suitable for freezing, these can be cut, and rolled up in glad wrap (uncooked) for freezing. When you want to use them, simply take them out of the freezer and bake them for 25 to 30 minutes at 200 degrees celcius.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Soup 3 Ways
- Blueberry Lemon Cake
- Pear & Vanilla Cake (Failsafe, Nut Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
- Pina Colada Style Sorbet
- Easy Thai Fish Cakes
- Reuben Dip
- Mango, Avocado & Coconut Ice Cream - Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- No Bake Lasagne 'In the Bowl'
- Yakiudon Noodles
- Probiotic Oat Smoothie
- Atlantic Lime Pie
- Vanilla Tapioca Custard (Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Soy Free, Corn Free)
- Peachy Whip
- Zucchini balls
- Sausages with onion gravy and vegetables
- Gluten Free Chocolate Brownie
- 5 Minute Pancakes & Pikelets
- Flourless Almond, coconut and vanilla cake
- Roasted strawberry icecream
- Nectarine & Blood Orange Frangipane Tart
- Variation Plum crumble cake
- Vanilla Fruit Biscotti