- 300 grams canned pumpkin
- 150 grams banana, peeled
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30 grams coconut oil
- 2 heaped teaspoons Maple syrup, (use honey, if preferred)
- 2 3/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup whole meal flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
If making your almond meal from whole almonds:
Place almonds in bowl and mill 20 SECONDS/SPEED 9.
Transfer almond meal to another bowl and add additional whole meal flour (if using).
*If you don't want to use flour, mill a full 3 cups of almond meal.
Preheat fan forced oven to 160 degrees
Add pumpkin and bananas to bowl and mix 2 SECONDS/SPEED 6.5.
Add eggs, salt, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix 5 SECONDS/SPEED 4.5.
Add dry ingredients (almond meal/flour mixture and baking powder) to bowl. Mix 10 SECONDS/SPEED 5 (or until all ingredients have incorporated).
Place into a lined loaf tin and bake for 65-70 minutes.
Let cool in the pan for an hour before slicing.
Mill almond meal
ADDITIONS: Add pepitas on top before baking or mix chia seeds in after incorporating the almond meal for additional fibre
If you have a sweet tooth, add as many as 3 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey. I've tried this with only 1 tsp of maple syrup and it really doesn't give it any 'oomph', in my opinion.
The ratio of pumpkin to banana doesn't seem to be a major factor in the end consistency of the bread - you just need to make sure you have 450 grams combined.
PALEO/GLUTEN FREE/GRAIN FREE (use 3 full cups of almond meal instead of using whole wheat flour).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Yogurt pizza dough
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Cauliflower & Chicken Salad
- Light rye bread
- No Bake Fudge Brownie - Paleo, GF, Sugar Free, Grain Free
- Healthy Low Fat Banana Bread
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Jumbo Spiced Pumpkin Bread
- Beef and Guinness Stew
- Cookie Jar Biscuits
- Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
- Creamy Celeriac and Parsnip Soup
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake