- 300 grams canned pumpkin
- 150 grams banana, peeled
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 30 grams coconut oil
- 2 heaped teaspoons Maple syrup, (use honey, if preferred)
- 2 3/4 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup whole meal flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
1h 10minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
If making your almond meal from whole almonds:
Place almonds in bowl and mill 20 SECONDS/SPEED 9.
Transfer almond meal to another bowl and add additional whole meal flour (if using).
*If you don't want to use flour, mill a full 3 cups of almond meal.
Preheat fan forced oven to 160 degrees
Add pumpkin and bananas to bowl and mix 2 SECONDS/SPEED 6.5.
Add eggs, salt, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, maple syrup and coconut oil and mix 5 SECONDS/SPEED 4.5.
Add dry ingredients (almond meal/flour mixture and baking powder) to bowl. Mix 10 SECONDS/SPEED 5 (or until all ingredients have incorporated).
Place into a lined loaf tin and bake for 65-70 minutes.
Let cool in the pan for an hour before slicing.
Mill almond meal
ADDITIONS: Add pepitas on top before baking or mix chia seeds in after incorporating the almond meal for additional fibre
If you have a sweet tooth, add as many as 3 teaspoons of maple syrup or honey. I've tried this with only 1 tsp of maple syrup and it really doesn't give it any 'oomph', in my opinion.
The ratio of pumpkin to banana doesn't seem to be a major factor in the end consistency of the bread - you just need to make sure you have 450 grams combined.
PALEO/GLUTEN FREE/GRAIN FREE (use 3 full cups of almond meal instead of using whole wheat flour).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lisa's Vegetable Pikelets
- Little piggy faces
- Savoury cheese scone
- Maria's Meat Balls
- More Again Savory Paleo Muffin
- Crispy nutty crackers
- Keto Low Carb Yeast Buns/Bread
- Rosemary Cranberry Crackers (Adapted from ATCO Blue Flame Kitchen)
- Haloumi & Corn Fritter bites
- Nuts and Bolts with a twist
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- Healthy up & run Smoothie
- BBQ Smokey Sauce
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Tomato Ketchup
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Banana & Zucchini Paleo Muffins