- 1 Small brown onion/shallot, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 cans Chickpeas, drained (240g each can)
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Bi-carbonate of Soda
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Cup, Cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup parsley
1. Preheat your oven to 180 C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Place onion and garlic in bowl of your Thermomix for Speed 5 for 5 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
3. Add to the bowl the Chickpeas, cumin, lemon juice, olive oil, bi-carb of soda and sesame seeds. Turn Thermie on Speed 5 for 10 Seconds.
4. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the parley and quinoa.
5. Shape into patties and place onto your baking tray.
6. Bake for 30 minutes and let the falafel cool in the oven.
I made these as part of my weekly prep and served mine as a daily snack with baby spinach and topped with yoghurt (I used the other half of the lemon juice and about 2 heaped tablespoons of yoghurt - Mix together and drizzle on top. This should give you enough for the week)
I just wanted to note that they are very crumbly but yummy
You can also use these in a wrap or as a vegetarian burger alternative.
Check out my blog www.lovevelvet.net.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut lemon biscuits
- Best & Easiest Mashed potato
- Mexican Sandwich
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Chorizo Risotto
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Roasted Jalapeno / Jalapeño and Chicken Soup
- Roasted Jalapeño / Jalapeno Soup
- Variation Banana Cake with Cream Cheese Icing
- Variation LEMON CHEESECAKE