- 290 grams plain flour
- 75 grams self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 50 grams Parmasen Cheese, cubed
- 200 grams Tasty Cheddar Cheese, cubed
- 250 grams Butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Seeds to sprinkle, optional, eg sesame, poppy, nigella
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Grate cheeses for 5-8 seconds on Speed 8.
Add flours, chilli flakes and salt. Combine for 10 seconds on Speed 5
Add butter and combine for 10 seconds on Speed 5.
Add lemon juice and set to knead (wheat symbol) for 30 seconds.
Tip dough onto clean bench or ThermoMat and divide into 2, rolling each into a log about 3cm in diameter.
Chill until firm in the fridge or freezer, wrapped in clingfilm or baking paper, while you heat your oven to 180 degrees.
When ready to bake, cut rolls into 0.5cm slices and place on a baking tray.
Scatter with seeds, if using, and gently press them onto the biscuits.
Bake biscuits for approx 15 mins, watching carefully so they brown without overcooking.
Cool on the tray for 5 mins then transfer to cooling racks.
When cool, store in an airtight container.
Freeze a log for later use rather than cooking all 70 biscuits in one hit
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Apricot slice
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Zucchini Frittata Variation Pumpkin,chorizo and spinach frittata
- Corn meat fritters
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Zucchini slice
- Chilli Seed Crackers - Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Super Easy British Cheese Straws
- Thermomellie's no meat sausage rolls
- Simple sausage rolls
- Healthy Oat Slice
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake with Crumble