- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 100 g walnuts (or almonds etc), or sesame seeds to be nut free
- 95 g organic rolled oats
- 3 eggs
- 120 g cheese (tasty/cheddar), cheese of choice, e.g. fetta
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 45 g organic breadcrumbs, (less works okay too)
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- Mixed Herbs, (optional)
- 3 sheets Puff pastry
- sesame seeds, (optional)
Recipe is created for
Pre-heat oven to 200°C
Place onion, carrots, zucchini and herbs (if using) into TM bowl and chop for 6 seconds on speed 6.
Add walnuts, oats and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down.
Add eggs, cheese, tamari, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, vegetable stock and mix to combine for 20 seconds on speed 5. Check, and mix for another 5 seconds if needed.
Cut just thawed puff pastry in half on a working bench.
Place 1/6th of the mixture onto the long edge of the pastry and roll, cut into four equal portions, brush the tops with whole milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Place sausage rolls on a lined baking tray, brush with beaten egg and score with knife. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 20 minutes at 200°C until crisp and golden.
*If you don't need all the mixture at once, it freezes well wrapped in a ball of cling wrap and a freezer bag.
*I make these into bakery size sausage rolls and serve with salad or vegetables for a meal
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Savoury Bites
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
- Mince Chow Mein with Pumpkin
- Variation Vegetarian nachos
- Steamed fish with Ginger and Soy
- Mussles in a Maltese Fish Sauce
- Warm Chilli Con Queso Dip
- Tuna Risotto
- Variation Mexican beans
- Butter Chicken Sam Woods Style