- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 carrots
- 1 zucchini
- 100 g walnuts (or almonds etc), or sesame seeds to be nut free
- 95 g organic rolled oats
- 3 eggs
- 120 g cheese (tasty/cheddar), cheese of choice, e.g. fetta
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 45 g organic breadcrumbs, (less works okay too)
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- 3 tsp tomato paste
- Mixed Herbs, (optional)
- 3 sheets Puff pastry
- sesame seeds, (optional)
8Recipe is created for
Pre-heat oven to 200°C
Place onion, carrots, zucchini and herbs (if using) into TM bowl and chop for 6 seconds on speed 6.
Add walnuts, oats and chop for 3 seconds on speed 6. Scrape down.
Add eggs, cheese, tamari, breadcrumbs, tomato paste, vegetable stock and mix to combine for 20 seconds on speed 5. Check, and mix for another 5 seconds if needed.
Cut just thawed puff pastry in half on a working bench.
Place 1/6th of the mixture onto the long edge of the pastry and roll, cut into four equal portions, brush the tops with whole milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Place sausage rolls on a lined baking tray, brush with beaten egg and score with knife. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 20 minutes at 200°C until crisp and golden.
*If you don't need all the mixture at once, it freezes well wrapped in a ball of cling wrap and a freezer bag.
*I make these into bakery size sausage rolls and serve with salad or vegetables for a meal
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Heidi's onion and bacon bread bake "zwiebelkuchen"
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Easy Lamb Pide
- Zucchini slice/muffins
- Sweet Potato, Zucchini and Bacon Slice
- Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom Fettuccine Carbonara
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
- Vegan Moussaka
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin Soup