- 200 grams water, Lukewarm
- 1.5 tablespoon Yeast, Dried
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 4 tablespoon olive oil
- 320 grams bakers flour
- 1 teaspoon Bread Improver (Optional)
- --- grated cheese, to taste
- --- dried italian herbs
- Butter (Approx tablespoon)
Add water, yeast, sugar, salt and oil to TM bowl. Mix 30 seconds speed 3. Allow to rest in TM bowl 5 mins, should be slightly frothy.
Add bakers flour and bread improver (if using). Mix 30 seconds speed 5.
"Dough mode" Knead 8 mins. Dough should be soft, a little sticky and very elastic.
Place dough into a bowl, cover with cling film. Allow to prove in warm place until doubled in size.
Divide dough into 4 portions. stretch out to make 4 long loaves approx 9 inches long. Place on baking paper, at least 2 inches apart.
Sprinkle with dried Italian herbs and a little grated cheese. Allow to prove again until doubled in size. Whilst on second prove, preheat oven to 180 degrees.
Bake in 180 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place loaves on cooling rack. Lightly rub a little butter over the top of each loaf. Cover loaves with a tea towel while they cool. This last step ensures perfectly soft Subway style bread.
Stay close to TM while kneading, to ensure it doesn't 'walk' off the bench.
Some have been finding the dough too sticky when using my original recipe. I have edited my original recipe to include a little more flour. The 320 grams of flour now listed should deliver a sticky dough that you can stretch into long loaves. Sprinkle with a little extra flour when working with dough if necessary.
I prove my bread on the middle shelf of a cold oven, with a tray full of boiling water on the bottom shelf (Thanks Thermomumma)
For plain white Subway style bread, just leave out Italian Herbs and Cheese.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Apricot slice
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Zucchini Frittata Variation Pumpkin,chorizo and spinach frittata
- Corn meat fritters
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Zucchini slice
- Chilli Seed Crackers - Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Super Easy British Cheese Straws
- Thermomellie's no meat sausage rolls
- Simple sausage rolls
- Jam drop biscuits
- Macadamia Caramel Squares
- Sticky Date Slice
- Veggie Fritters
- Choc-chip zucchini banana cake
- Sri Lanken Cashew and Coconut Curry Paste (clone of Passage to India)
- Thermomix Play Dough
- Eggless Mini Banana Bread Muffins
- Avocado Lime sauce (for fish Taco)
- Pickled Beetroot
- Rhubarb and Strawberry Cake with Crumble