- 400 gram Creamed Corn, See my recipe on this forum
- 150 gram plain flour, (1 Cup)
- 150 gram maize flour, (1 Cup) ** See Note**
- 15 - 35 gram sugar, (1 - 3 Tablespoons)
- 15 gram baking powder, (1 Large Tablespoon)
- 3 - 4 eggs, Depending on size
Pre-heat oven to 190 Degrees C
Put all ingredients in TM bowl.
Mix until combinded, about 10 seconds, speed 4-5
Scrape into prepared tin, smooth over
Bake for 45 minutes. If it gets too brown on top, loosely cover with foil or turn the oven down a bit.
Let it cool on a rack for a few minutes before slicing. Enjoy with fresh butter.
This is a traditional South African dish called Mieliebrood. It is great as a side dish with a BBQ, also lovely at breakfast with bacon and eggs. Enjoy it toasted with cheese as a side to soup.
If you are in a rush, you can use tinned creamed corn, but it is much nicer to use home made. I have posted a recipe for homemade creamed corn. See //www.recipecommunity.com.au/basics-recipes/creamed-corn/125728
**NOTE** All shops in Australia that sell South African produce will stock white maize flour. You can also use South American Masa Lista in this recipe. Please remember, this is not the same thing as corn flour. It is also much finer than polenta (and it's white), but you can use dry polenta as a substitute.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken & Vegetable Pie
- Savoury Biscotti
- Bacon and caramelised onion puffs
- Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
- lchf spinach bake
- Mega Bacon and Veal Cheesy Roll
- Smokey Bacon Mac Bites
- Keto Garlic Cheese Crackers
- Keto Crustless Quiche
- Smoked sausage frittata
- ❤Sausage Rolls❤
- Grain-free crackers the ThermoMonts way
- Ginger crunch
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Savoury Biscotti
- The Daily Mix - Christmas Spiced Shortbread
- Swiss Roll Sponge
- Pecan and Maple Syrup slice
- Choc mint cheese cake
- Shortcrust Pastry
- Quick fruit sponge
- Pretty in pink - ruby chocolate dessert
- Hobnob Biscuits - a British favourite by Jayne
- Strawberry Cheesecake - no bake