- 300 grams Quinoa, rinsed well
- 900 grams water
- 2 -3 handfuls raw baby spinach leaves
- 100 grams raw cashews
- 300 grams hot water
- peel of a lime
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 onion
- 20 grams Coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- 2 tablespoons savoury yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon thermomix vege stock paste
1. Place rinsed quinoa into simmering basket
2. Add water to jug
3. Cook 15min/100 degrees/sp4
4. Transfer to thermoserver. Place spinach leaves on top of cooked quinoa and place lid on thermoserver. Set aside to wilt.
1. Put raw cashews in a small bowl, cover with hot water and leave to soak
2. Place peel of one lime in thermomix bowl. Blitz 20sec/sp 9. Set aside.
3. Place halved onion and garlic in bowl. Chop 3sec/sp5. Scrape down sides.
4. Add oil. Cook 3min/100 degrees/sp1.
4. Place all remaining ingredients into bowl, including cashews and the soaking water. Blend 1min/sp9
1. Pour 3/4 of the sauce over the quinoa and spinach and mix until combined.
2. Oil (or line with baking paper) a rectangular lasagne dish. Place quinoa mixture into oiled dish and push down evenly with spoon or spatula.
3. Pour remaining sauce over the top and spread gently with back of spoon.
4. Bake at 180 degrees for 20-30 min, or until top is beginning to brown. For an extra golden top, grill for the last 3-5 min. Don't overbake or it will become dry.
5. Leave to rest for twenty minutes or more before slicing and serving. Can be served hot or cold, but will crumble a bit when slicing if not left to rest (still tastes good though!).
Accessories you need
If not dairy free then sprinkle top with grated cheese before baking.
Leftovers can be frozen in slices - great for school or work lunches.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dans Cinnamon Scrolls
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Butterscotch Self-Saucing Pudding - RPAH/Failsafe Friendly
- Chicken rice paste
- Hainanese Chicken
- Pan Amasado - Chilean Bread Rolls
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze
- Chicken in Black Bean Sauce
- Honey Chicken