- 1 portion Short Crust Pastry, from EDC
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, or coriander
- 8 Shallots or baby onions, peeled
- 2 parsnips, peeled & sliced
- 2 carrots, scrubbed & sliced
- 600 g water, approximately
- 40 g Butter
- 2 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder, to taste
- 310 g Milk, of choice
- 1 tbsp TM Vegetable stock paste, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp water
1. Make Short Crust Pastry following instructions in the EDC and refrigerate while preparing filling.
2. Place cheese into TM Cooking Bowl, grate 10 seconds speed 8 and set aside.
3. Place parsley into TM Cooking Bowl, speed chop 2-3 seconds speed 7 and set aside.
4. Place shallots, parsnips and carrots into TM Mixing Bowl, add water to almost cover and cook on reverse 10minutes 100deg. speed 2.
5. Using TM Simmering Basket to strain vegetables, set aside reserving the stock.
6. Place butter, 310g reserved stock, milk, flour and curry powder into TM Mixing Bowl and cook 8 minutes 90 degrees speed 4.
7. Add cheese, parsley and vegetables and stir on reverse 1 minute 90 degrees speed 3. Taste, adjust seasoning, place into 2L pie dish and allow to cool to room temperature.
8. Roll out Short Crust Pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper, brush edges of pie dish with a little water, place pastry on top of cooled filling and trim edges.
9. Cut several slits in pastry to allow steam to escape, brush pastry with egg yolk mixed with water, re roll scraps and use for decorations, if desired. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
10. Preheat a 400 degree C oven, place pie on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or more until crust is cooked and golden.
Accessories you need
1. Approx 1t dried or chopped fresh oregano can be added to the ingredients for the pastry.
2. A few cloves of peeled garlic can be added with the vegetables in the filling.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Breakfast Muffins
- Lunchbox Chicken Bites
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Sourdough discard crackers
- RSPCA Puppy Treats
- Boong eo ppang (Korean Fish Shaped Pastry)
- Latvian Bacon Buns - Pīrāgi
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- DATE DOUGHNUTS with Spiced Sugar
- TZATZIKI (Yoghurt Cucumber Dip)
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Roast Garlic & Butternut Pumpkin 'Hummus'
- GARLIC & PARSLEY RISOTTO
- Stir Fried Parsnips
- Parsnip Potato Bake
- Tasty Parsnip Mash
- BRUSSELS SPROUT 'CAKE'
- Brussel Sprouts in 7 Spice Broth
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS SAFFRON RISOTTO
- SILVERBEET PANCETTA CALZONE
- Best Ever BBQ Sauce - Weebindi Version
- White Jumbo Soft and Fluffy Bread
- Choc Nut Slice
- Chai Turmeric
- Clinker Cheesecake Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chicken and Sweetcorn Puree - Annabel Karmel Recipe
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Gherkin and Dill Dip
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf