- 1 portion Short Crust Pastry, from EDC
- 60 g Parmesan cheese, cubed
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley, or coriander
- 8 Shallots or baby onions, peeled
- 2 parsnips, peeled & sliced
- 2 carrots, scrubbed & sliced
- 600 g water, approximately
- 40 g Butter
- 2 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 1-2 tbsp curry powder, to taste
- 310 g Milk, of choice
- 1 tbsp TM Vegetable stock paste, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp water
1. Make Short Crust Pastry following instructions in the EDC and refrigerate while preparing filling.
2. Place cheese into TM Cooking Bowl, grate 10 seconds speed 8 and set aside.
3. Place parsley into TM Cooking Bowl, speed chop 2-3 seconds speed 7 and set aside.
4. Place shallots, parsnips and carrots into TM Mixing Bowl, add water to almost cover and cook on reverse 10 minutes 100deg. speed 2.
5. Using TM Simmering Basket to strain vegetables, set aside reserving the stock.
6. Place butter, 310g reserved stock, milk, flour and curry powder into TM Mixing Bowl and cook 8 minutes 90 degrees speed 4.
7. Add cheese, parsley and vegetables and stir on reverse 1 minute 90 degrees speed 3. Taste, adjust seasoning, place into 2L pie dish and allow to cool to room temperature.
8. Roll out Short Crust Pastry between 2 sheets of baking paper, brush edges of pie dish with a little water, place pastry on top of cooled filling and trim edges.
9. Cut several slits in pastry to allow steam to escape, brush pastry with egg yolk mixed with water, re roll scraps and use for decorations, if desired. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
10. Preheat a 400 degree C oven, place pie on a baking tray and bake for 30 minutes or more until crust is cooked and golden.
1. Approx 1t dried or chopped fresh oregano can be added to the ingredients for the pastry.
2. A few cloves of peeled garlic can be added with the vegetables in the filling.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Easy Cheesey topped Scones
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Soft Flatbread
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- Spinach and cheese scrolls
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- DATE DOUGHNUTS with Spiced Sugar
- TZATZIKI (Yoghurt Cucumber Dip)
- Creamy Garlic Cauliflower Rice
- Roast Garlic & Butternut Pumpkin 'Hummus'
- GARLIC & PARSLEY RISOTTO
- Stir Fried Parsnips
- Parsnip Potato Bake
- Tasty Parsnip Mash
- BRUSSELS SPROUT 'CAKE'
- Brussel Sprouts in 7 Spice Broth
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS SAFFRON RISOTTO
- SILVERBEET PANCETTA CALZONE
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread
- Tuna Mornay
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan