- 170 grams gluten free cornflour
- 125 grams tapioca flour
- 45 grams Soy flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 3/4 tsp Gluten Free Baking Powder
- 45 grams sugar
- 80 grams Butter, room temperature
- 150 grams reduced fat milk
- 1 egg
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
Add gluten free cornflour, tapioca flour, soy flour, xanthan gum, gluten free baking powder and caster sugar to bowl.
Mix on speed 6 for 8 seconds.
Add butter, I usually like to cut mine in cube sized pieces first.
Mix on speed 4 for 8 seconds. Don't be concerned if the mixutre doesn't look moist.
Add milk and egg.
Mix on spped 4 for 6 seconds. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Mix for a further 6 seconds on speed 4.
The mixture will be very sticky, scrape out on to a floured board. I like to use rice flour as it is easier to work with. Mould the mixture in to pattie shapes and place on an oven tray. I have tried to use scone cutters but the mixture is to sticky.
Cook in oven for 10-12 minutes until lighly brown on top, remove and wrap in a tea towel.
Gluten free scones
Accessories you need
This mixture is very different to a traditional scone recipe, don't be concerned, they turn out really well.
I do make date scones with this recipe. Simply add desired amount of dates at the beginning and use the turbo function to chop dates to desired size. Place dates in another bowl and add after the flours. Use the reverse function for all mixing to avoid chopping the dates further. Adding dates will change the cooking time considerably, usually another 6 - 8 minutes but test with a skewer.
This recipe was converted for the thermomix from a recipe given to me by a neighbour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo
- Vegan Paleo Zucchini Bread
- Curry Laksa Cookies
- Chicken & Hidden Vege Sausage Rolls
- Dog Biscuits
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers (with variations)
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Breakfast Muffins
- Lunchbox Chicken Bites
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Chocolate Sweet Potato Fudge
- Banana Loaf Cafe Style
- Easy Lemon Cheesecake - No bake
- Pizza Bread Pull Apart
- Chocolate Peanut butter slice
- Vanilla Bean Gelato
- Bindy's White Chocolate & Raspberry Mud Cake
- Green Fig Marmalade with Orange
- Gluten Free Brioche Loaf
- Plum Crumble Cake
- Galaktoboureko - Greek Vanilla Slice
- Golden Syrup Biscuits