- 1 package Filo pastry, fresh or frozen (thaw per instructions)
- oil spray
- 4 sprigs flat leaf parsley, leaves only
- 2 sprigs sage, fresh, leaves only
- 1 sprigs rosemary, fresh, leaves only
- 3 sprigs thyme, fresh, leaves only
- 150 g Frozen peas, thawed
- 150 g frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 Fresh Green Chillies, optional
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 25 g oil
- 500 g Beef mince, lean
- 10 g Dijon mustard
- 10 g Worcestershire sauce
- 15 g tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 100 g bread crumbs
1h 35minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place a large bowl on top of TM bowl lid. Weigh in peas and corn. Set aside.
2. Place herbs in TM bowl. Chop 5sec/sp 7, scrape sides down, repeat for fine herbs. Add to bowl with peas and corn.
3. Place garlic and chillies in TM bowl, chop 3sec/sp 7. Scrape sides down, add onion, chop 3sec/speed 7.
Scrape sides down. Add carrots to TM bowl, chop 3sec/sp 5 (check that it's chopped finely).
4. Add oil to TM bowl, saute 3min/100*//sp 1. Set TM bowl aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
5. Add mince, mustard, worcestershire sauce, tomato sauce, salt, pepper, egg, breadcrumbs, fresh herbs, peas and corn to TM bowl. Mix 1min//sp 2. Help mix in with spatula. Check that it is mixed in. Mix again 30sec//sp 2. Empty mixture back into large bowl that you had the peas and corn in, checking that it's all mixed well.
6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper, set aside. Heat oven to 200*C.
7. Lay 1 sheet of filo pastry on a large chopping board. Lightly spray with oil, lay another sheet of pastry on top. repeat until you have 6 layers. With a sharp knife, cut straight down the centre, creating 2 rectangles.
Place filling in a log shape along short edge, gently roll up, spraying lightly along edge of pastry just before you roll it closed.
Using a serated knife, carefully cut into 5 pieces, place onto baking tray.
repeat with other half.
Repeat another 6 layers of Filo pastry and filling, two more times. You should have 30 sausage rolls.
8. Bake in oven for 30-35 minutes, or until cooked and golden brown.
Hunters Healthy Beef and Veg Sausage Rolls
These are as healthy as you want them to be. Choose low fat mince.
Filo pastry is low in fat
These freeze well. Defrost in the refridgerator, then heat in an oven or convection microwave.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Hunters Chocolate Cranberry Protein Slice (No Bake, vegan)
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- Hunters Swiss Meringue Buttercream
- Hunters Chicken Breast Cacciatore and steamed veg
- Hunters Beef and Vegetable Lasagne
- Hunters Coffee Banana Slushy/Smoothie (non dairy)
- Hunters Warm Chicken and Cous Cous salad with Basil Pesto Dressing
- Hunters version of Non Fried, Fried Rice
- Hunters version of Chicken and Cashews with Coconut Cashew sauce and Coconut rice(by Quirky Cooking)
- Hunters version of Asian whole steamed chicken, Chicken rice, veggies and Ginger chilli sauce
- Hunters Curry Chicken and Veg Pie
- Hunters version of Nigella's Master Chef Lemon Pavlova
- Quick & Easy Custard Cake
- Marmalade cake Jamie Oliver
- Sesame and Linseed Gluten free bread
- Fast 800 Smoked Salmon Omelette conversion by Thermo-lish
- Meatloaf with Honey Mustard Glaze
- Chocolate zucchini cake
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Peppermint Bliss Balls
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls