THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 40 gram cabbage or wombok, thinly sliced (I prefer to hand slice this)
- 1/2 --- carrot, small
- 1 --- shallots
- 1 piece bacon or ham
- 1 egg
- 35 gram flour: (half almond meal half tapioca), 4 tbsp
- 3 tbsp water
- coriander leaves, (optional)
Slice the cabbage by hand if you prefer or add it to the bowl.
Chop the carrot, bacon or ham, shallots and coriander leaves in the thermomix bowl at speed 5 for around 6 seconds.
Add the egg, water and flour.
Mix on reverse speed 4 until combined.
Panfry as fritters using silicone moulds for best results, using a spatula to evenly press and spread the mixture. Cook 4 minutes, then flip and cook for another 3 or so.
Optionally serve with mayonnaise and Kecup manis, though it is divine without it.
Adapted from https://vegiesmugglers.com.au/2010/07/09/what-the-kids-eat-in%E2%80%A6-japan-part-1/
[color=#200000; font-family: 'Open Sans', sans-serif; font-size: 16px]Translated “Grill As You Like” – Okonomi (as you like) Yaki (grill)
A great combination of flavours: cabbage, carrot and shallot with smokey bacon in a “tempura” style batter. A great activity to involve the kids. If using the Thermomix for all the chopping, be careful not to make it to fine and watery.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Pie maker Bacon, leek and mushroom pies
- Easy Cheesey topped Scones
- Gluten Free Cheese Puffs - WA School Canteen- Assessed AMBER
- Soft Flatbread
- Pineapple and cheese scrolls
- Spinach and cheese scrolls
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- Banana, Date & Pecan Bread - Sugar Free - Dairy Free
- Curry Pea Soup
- Lemon Cupcakes with Young Living Essential Oils
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- The Daily Mix - Banana Crumble Muffins
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Durban Naan
- Dotty's Lemon and Sultana Tea Loaf
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Porridge for Two - with spiced fruit
- Banana Nut Bread