- 200 grams Butter, Cubed - cold
- 250 grams plain flour
- 125 grams sour cream
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place flour and butter into mixing bowl and place on lid and measuring cup(MC), mix for 10 seconds on speed 10.
Remove the lid and measure in the sour cream, replace the lid and MC, select the dough setting and kneed for 1 minute. The pastry should come together and forms a ball.
Remove from bowl, wrap pastry in cling wrap and refrigerate for no less than 20 minutes prior to using.
After refridgeration roll out the dough on a well floured board *See Tips Below. Cut into desired shape for bake item. Before baking in the oven brush the top of the pie with some egg wash for nice finish.
This recipe creates a very short crust pastry, which can be used for either savoury or sweet applications.
Accessories you need
This recipe can be frozen. The recipe can also be successfully doubled.
For added interest and flavour, in savoury dishes, chopped herbs such as chives/parsley/dill etc can be added while rolling out the dough.If using for a sweet dish a little sugar can be hinted over the dough while rolling out the dough.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spinach and Chorizo Savoury Muffins
- Healthy dog treats/cookies
- Quick Savoury Pumpkin Scones
- Cheesy Seedy Veggie Bites
- ThermoMonts' Brazilian cheese puffs
- Gluten Free Sweet Chili & Cheese Muffins
- Quick Mini Quiches
- lchf savoury pies
- Gf vegan mixed seed crackers
- Chicken vegetable sausage rolls
- Savoury Muffins
- Viking Loaf
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- 5 Ingredient Peanut Butter Energy Balls
- Apple & Onion Parcels
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Sticky Date Baked Cheesecake
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Chicken Satay Noodles