- 1 small onion, halved
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 20 g olive oil
- 10 g tomato paste
- 125 g tin chopped tomatoes
- 95 g tin tuna chunks, drained
- 50 g roasted red capsicum, chopped
- 2-3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 350 g self-raising flour
- 100 g olive oil
- 120 g Milk
- 45 g dry white wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten for brushing
- sesame seeds, optional for topping
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add onion and garlic to "Closed lid" and chop with MC on for 4 sec / speed 7 with MC on.
2. Scrape down bowl and lid. Add olive oil and saute for 2 min / Varoma / speed 1 with MC off.
3. Add tomato paste and chopped tomatoes. Place simmering basket on top of lid and cook for 5 min / Varoma / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 1.
4. Add drained tuna, roasted capsicum, pasley, sugar, salt and pepper. Mix gently for 10 sec / "Counter-clockwise operation" / speed 3 with MC on.
5. Remove to a separate bowl to cool. Wash and dry TM bowl and lid.
6. Preheat oven to 180°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
7. Place flour, oil, milk, wine, and salt into "Closed lid" and quickly mix 10 sec / speed 6 with MC on. Repeat for another 4-5 seconds if not mixed completely.
8. Empty out onto a clean surface or ThermoMat. Gently knead to form a ball, then divide dough in half.
9. Working with one half at a time, roll it out to a 1mm thickness and cut rounds using a 10cm cookie cutter. Gather and re-roll dough offcuts. Repeat this process with all the dough offcuts and the remaining half of the dough making approximately 24 dough circles.
10. Place 1 tsp of the reserved tuna filling into the middle of each dough circle, then fold over to create a half moon shape. Seal the ends with a fork to enclose the filling. Repeat for all dough circles and until filling has been used up.
11. Brush Empanadas with beaten egg and top with seasame seeds if using. Place onto baking trays and bake for 15-20 mins or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold.
Accessories you need
This dough will not come together like a bread dough in the TM bowl. It will look like lots of small chopped bits of wet dough but when turned out onto a mat will press together to form a ball quite easily. Don’t kneed too much as it will make the dough tough.
I remember my grandmother making these for every special occasion where there were lots of people to feed and especially for Easter when we always had them on Good Friday with a potato salad.
They are great eaten either hot or cold and are a perfect addition to a picnic, an easy appetiser or add a few of your favourite salads and have them for lunch.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Weetbix Banana Cinnamon Biscuits
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Simple sausage rolls
- Sue's Secret Seedy Sheet Crackers
- Low Carb Gluten Free Cheese Scones-
- Apricot slice
- Cheesy Sweet Chilli Scrolls
- Sweet Potato, Bacon and Zucchini Frittata Variation Pumpkin,chorizo and spinach frittata
- Corn meat fritters
- Cauliflower Nuggets
- Zucchini slice
- Chilli Seed Crackers - Easy, Healthy, Quick
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Spiced Apricot Beef
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- Vegan Lemon Curd
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Kid Approved Curried Sausages
- Donut ice-cream
- Weetbix Banana Cinnamon Biscuits
- Superfood Seed Bar
- MIxed Grain Bread rolls