- 350 g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into pieces
- 500 g water for steaming
- 280 g Water, room temperature
- 2 tsp dried yeast
- 800 g bakers flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 250 g mixture tasty cheese & parmesan, Cubed
- 120 g ham or bacon pieces, diced or torn
- 4 tablespoon tomato paste
- dried pizza herbs, to sprinkle
- Handful baby spinach, optional
- handful fresh basil leaves, optional
2h 30minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place pumpkin in the rice basket, put it into position in the bowl above the 500g water. Steam for 15 minutes/ Varoma temp/ speed 2. When it finishes, remove the basket using your spatula as handle, discard steaming water and set pumpkin aside in the basket to cool.
- Add the 280g cool/ room temp water & return warm pumpkin to bowl. If the water temperature now registers as hotter then 37 or 40 degrees, wait until it has cooled to 37 before adding the yeast and combining 5 secs / speed 2. (If the pumpkin has cooled too much & doesn't bring the water temp up to 37, heat 2 mins / 37 degrees / speed 2, stopping and moving on to add the yeast once 37 is achieved).
Add the flour, salt & sugar. Knead mixture 4 mins / .
Meanwhile, lightly grease your thermomat with some olive oil (this is very important as it's a sticky dough!).
- Empty the dough onto your greased Thermomat, twisting the base of the blades (the black knob on the underside of the bowl) to assist. If some dough remains in the bowl, place bowl back onto TMX and spin 2 sec / sp 9, which will flick more dough out to the sides of the bowl, making it easy to remove with the spatula.
Wrap dough in thermomat & set aside in a warm place (on top of your Thermoserver with hot water inside, if there's no sun) and leave to double in size, aprox 20mins.
While this is happening, make your filling. Also grease & line a large lamington tray (or two!).
Clean & dry mixing bowl.
Place cheeses, basil & baby spinach into your Thermomix bowl and process for 5 sec / sp 7.
Pre-heat your oven to 50 degrees.
Unwrap the dough & punch it down. Using lightly greased hands, press the dough into a rectangular shape to entirely cover the Thermomat. (If it keeps pulling away from the edges of your mat, you know it needs a bit longer to rise).
- Onto the dough, evenly spread tomato paste (I find using a bent palate/icing knife the easiest). On top of this, evenly spread the ham and cheese mixture (or other toppings of choice - see variations). Sprinkle with pizza herb mix if not using fresh basil.
Working slowly & carefully, roll the dough up, starting from one long edge to create a log.
Using a serated plastic lettuce knife (a few $ from Kmart!), gently slice into scrolls aprox 2cm wide, placing onto prepared tray as you go. (Alternately, transfer dough log onto a chopping board & use a sharp knife - never use a sharp knife on your Thermomat!). Space scrolls so they have room to grow.
- Turn OFF warm oven. Cover tray(s) with scrolls with your thermomat (to keep the warmth in) and place in OFF oven to prove again until doubled in size - don't rush this step if you want a scroll that is light in texture!
- Once scrolls have doubled in size, remove Thermomat from on top of the scrolls & switch oven onto 190 degrees. Bake 20 minutes, or until golden.
Making the dough
Making the filling
Putting it all together
These make for stress-free school mornings! Simply pop 1, 2 or 3 (depending on their size & the appetite of your children) into zip-lock bags on the day they were baked (once cool!) and freeze. Grab & go on busy mornings. They will keep the rest of the lunchbox contents cool and will be defrosted & ready to eat by lunchtime.
Try filling these scrolls with pesto chicken, sundried tomato & feta cheese: rub chicken tenderloins with pesto then steam in the Varoma for 20-25mins / Varoma temp / sp 3 over 600g water. Discard steaming water then place chicken into the bowl & shred 5 sec / / sp 4. Evenly distribute over the dough mixture, top with crumbled feta then roll, slice, prove & bake as per main recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- Super Simple Coconut Loaf
- Tomato Quinoa Soup
- Baked Peach Torte
- Chocolate Heaven (Brownies with Raspberries)
- Spicy Coconut Apple Twists
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- Jaffa Fudge Cake
- Chicken Tortilla Stack
- Pumpkin Scone Wedge
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies (with carrot & spinach - shh!)
- Blueberry jam
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Golden Gaytime Slice
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez