- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 100 g walnuts
- 100 g rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon Vegetable Stock Paste Concentrate
- 3 eggs
- 200 g ricotta cheese (deli), excess moisture removed (ie. nut milk bag)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons Psyllium husk powder
- 3 sheets Puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds, (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, (optional)
- Milk, for use with pastry
Recipe is created for
- Thaw 3 sheets of puff pastry.
Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
Place onion and herbs into TM bowl and chop for 6 seconds on speed 6.
Add walnuts, oats and chop for 6 seconds on speed 6.
Add vegtable stock concentrate, eggs, ricotta (ensuring excess liquid has been removed), tamari, pysllium husk powder and mix to combine for 20 seconds on speed 5. Allow mix to sit while you prepare the seeds and trays.
Combine the nigella and sesame seeds in a bowl.
Line 2 baking tray with baking paper.
Cut just thawed puff pastry in half on a working bench. Place 1/6th of the mixture onto the long edge of the pastry and roll, cut very gently into four equal portions, brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with seeds and place on the lined baking trays.
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200°C until crisp and golden.
This is a variation on Cyndi O'Meara's Vegetarian Sausage Rolls.
Accessories you need
Serve hot with Thermobexta's Tomato Ketchup - https://thermobexta.com.au/2014/11/24/tomato-ketchup/
They also freeze well for school lunches. Allow to completely cool and pack in zip locks bags or containers and freeze. Simply move to the fridge the night before to pack into the next days lunchbox.
View more recipes at Whole Home - www.wholehome.com.au or check me out on facebook www.facebook.com/wholehomeau
For nut free replace the nuts with sunflower seeds.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Coconut Loaf
- Pastie Slice
- Savoury Muffins
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Scones
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Bacon, Celery & Cheese Muffins
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo