- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 100 g walnuts
- 100 g rolled oats
- 2 teaspoon Vegetable Stock Paste Concentrate
- 3 eggs
- 200 g ricotta cheese (deli), excess moisture removed (ie. nut milk bag)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons Psyllium husk powder
- 3 sheets Puff pastry
- 1 teaspoon nigella seeds, (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, (optional)
- Milk, for use with pastry
Recipe is created for
Thaw 3 sheets of puff pastry.
Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
Place onion and herbs into TM bowl and chop for 6 seconds on speed 6.
Add walnuts, oats and chop for 6 seconds on speed 6.
Add vegtable stock concentrate, eggs, ricotta (ensuring excess liquid has been removed), tamari, pysllium husk powder and mix to combine for 20 seconds on speed 5. Allow mix to sit while you prepare the seeds and trays.
Combine the nigella and sesame seeds in a bowl.
Line 2 baking tray with baking paper.
Cut just thawed puff pastry in half on a working bench. Place 1/6th of the mixture onto the long edge of the pastry and roll, cut very gently into four equal portions, brush the tops with milk and sprinkle with seeds and place on the lined baking trays.
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 200°C until crisp and golden.
This is a variation on Cyndi O'Meara's Vegetarian Sausage Rolls.
Accessories you need
Serve hot with Thermobexta's Tomato Ketchup - https://thermobexta.com.au/2014/11/24/tomato-ketchup/
They also freeze well for school lunches. Allow to completely cool and pack in zip locks bags or containers and freeze. Simply move to the fridge the night before to pack into the next days lunchbox.
View more recipes at Whole Home - www.wholehome.com.au or check me out on facebook www.facebook.com/wholehomeau
For nut free replace the nuts with sunflower seeds.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Focaccia Loaf
- Pumpkin, Cheese & Bacon Scones
- Spinach and Ricotta Rolls
- Gluten Free Quiche Base
- Red Tortoise Cake - Ang Ku Kuih
- Parmesan Cheddar Crackers
- Chillean Empanadas
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Fridgetatas (steamed egg cups)
- Onion and goat cheese scrolls
- Sun dried tomato and halloumi bread
- Savoury Vegetable Medley Muffins
- Creamy Leche Flan
- Genovese pasta
- Soph’s banana cake
- Soph’s Pasta Sauce
- Banana bread with sultanas
- No-bake hazelnut slice
- Strawberry Yoghurt (with nesquik)
- Marinated goats cheese
- Beef Roghan Josh Curry (GF)
- Chocolate Chia Pudding (Vegan)
- Fluffy Vanilla Cupcakes (Gluten Free)
- Quick and Easy Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup