THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled,cored and quartered
- 50g brown sugar
- 40g Salted butter
- 165 g raw sugar
- 1 lemon zest, grated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 180 g yoghurt, Natural or Vanilla
- 130 g vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essense
- 275 g plain flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Slice each quarter of apple into about 3 or 4 even slices.
Put all the ingredients in the TM bowl and cook for 12 min at 110C reverse soft stir (spoon) without the MC on.
Pour the caramelized apples into a 20cm spring form greased cake tin and spread evenly to cover the bottom.
Put all the batter ingredients into the TM bowl (if you have made the caramelised apples, you dont even need to wash the bowl, extra flavour!) and blend for 20 seconds/speed 5.
Check that the mix is well combined (scape the bowl and mix a few extra seconds if not) and pour into the prepared tin on top of the apples (if used).
Bake at 170C for 40-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out dry.
Enjoy with vanilla ice cream, Sour cream or a dollop of creamy yoghurt.
Caramelized Apples (Optional, this cake is delicious Natural as well)
20 Seconds Yoghurt Batter
This is such an easy and versatile cake, you can really make it whatever you want!
Adding fruit to this cake is an option, it is traditionally eaten just as is for "gouter" (afternoon tea) in France and really popular with kids. My little 6yo can indeed do it all by herself
You can also be creative and seasonal when adding fruits. pineapple, pear, peach, mango, prunes, plums, raspberries, cherries are all great combination with this cake.
You may also want to substitute lemon rind/juice with Orange, and why not add some chocolate chips for a Jaffa twist.
Can also be made in TM31
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Crispy date & chia bars
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Peanut butter & Chickpea Blondies
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (sugar free)
- Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup
- Lemon Coconut Yoghurt Cake
- Oscars banana smoothie ....
- Variation TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Creamy coconut yoghurt Tm6
- TM6 Thick and Creamy Pot Set Yoghurt
- A Cup of Goodness ~ Smoothie for 2