- 200 g plain flour
- 35 g cornflour
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 140 g Butter, cut into cubes
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 80 g slivered almonds, toasted, plus extra for garnishing
- 680 g pitted cherries, (1 jar), reserve 50 g liquid
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
1h 6minPreparation 16minBaking/Cooking 50min
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a square baking tin (18cm) with baking paper, allowing a 2 cm overhang at each end and set aside.
Place flour, cornflour, salt, sugar and vanilla bean into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add butter, almond extract and almonds and mix 20 sec/speed 7.
Transfer mixture into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes (180ºC) or until golden and springing back when touched.
Place pitted cherries, 50 g of the cherry liquid and cornflour into mixing bowl and cook 15 min/100ºC//.
Pour sauce onto baked base and garnish with extra slivered almonds and return to oven for a further 10 minutes until top is bubbling.
Cool completely before removing from tin and cutting into rectangular bars to serve.
Other users also liked...
- Orange Waffles
- Nut and Muesli Slice
- swiss slice (shortbread)
- Upside down choc chip banana cake
- Instant Apple Slice
- Gunnadoo's Nut free Wild Orange Bliss Balls
- Vegan Whole Orange and Date Sugar Free Muffins
- Choc Chip Oat Cookies
- Choc Beetroot Mud Cake
- Boiled Date Loaf
- Blueberry and Almond Protein Balls
- MULLED CIDER
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Black bean tomato soup with coriander lime cream
- Warm apple pie smoothie bowl
- Spicy cauliflower soup
- Broccoli and blue cheese soup
- Lemon curd - Louise Keats
- Steamed pistachio cheesecakes with mango