- 200 g plain flour
- 35 g cornflour
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 140 g Butter, cut into cubes
- ½ tsp Almond extract
- 80 g slivered almonds, toasted, plus extra for garnishing
- 680 g pitted cherries, (1 jar), reserve 50 g liquid
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a square baking tin (18cm) with baking paper, allowing a 2 cm overhang at each end and set aside.
Place flour, cornflour, salt, sugar and vanilla bean into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add butter, almond extract and almonds and mix 20 sec/speed 7.
Transfer mixture into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes (180ºC) or until golden and springing back when touched.
Place pitted cherries, 50 g of the cherry liquid and cornflour into mixing bowl and cook 15 min/100ºC//.
Pour sauce onto baked base and garnish with extra slivered almonds and return to oven for a further 10 minutes until top is bubbling.
Cool completely before removing from tin and cutting into rectangular bars to serve.
Other users also liked...
- Chewy Almond Biscuits
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Yogurt scones
- 30 Second Lemon Cupcakes
- Double choc apricot muffins
- Chocolate Brownies (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo)
- 20sec scones
- Strawberry Balls
- Madeira Cake
- Egg, Nut & Dairy Free Cupcakes! School Friendly!
- Strawberry Vanilla cake with strawberry coulis
- Strawberry Choc Cheesecake
- Steamed chicken breast, fresh ground polenta, pumpkin foam
- Pad see ew
- Beef and three-vegetable puree
- Pork Belly Ramen
- Celebration saffron and sage bread with ginger butter
- MULLED CIDER
- Beef cobbler with polenta dumplings
- Red beans and rice with turkey meatballs
- Butternut and bacon macaroni cheese
- Tuscan bean soup
- Chicken tikka masala
- Parsley Oil
- Cheese Sticks with a twist
- Best Ever Creamy Tomato & Bacon Soup
- Beetroot dip
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Easy Apple Cake
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- Dairy Free Peanut Butter Custard
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Hidden Veg Spaghetti Bolognese