- 200 g plain flour
- 35 g cornflour
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 140 g Butter, cut into cubes
- ½ tsp Almond extract
- 80 g slivered almonds, toasted, plus extra for garnishing
- 680 g pitted cherries, (1 jar), reserve 50 g liquid
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
1h 6minPreparation 16minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a square baking tin (18cm) with baking paper, allowing a 2 cm overhang at each end and set aside.
Place flour, cornflour, salt, sugar and vanilla bean into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add butter, almond extract and almonds and mix 20 sec/speed 7.
Transfer mixture into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes (180ºC) or until golden and springing back when touched.
Place pitted cherries, 50 g of the cherry liquid and cornflour into mixing bowl and cook 15 min/100ºC//.
Pour sauce onto baked base and garnish with extra slivered almonds and return to oven for a further 10 minutes until top is bubbling.
Cool completely before removing from tin and cutting into rectangular bars to serve.
Other users also liked...
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen