- 200 g plain flour
- 35 g cornflour
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 140 g Butter, cut into cubes
- ½ tsp Almond extract
- 80 g slivered almonds, toasted, plus extra for garnishing
- 680 g pitted cherries, (1 jar), reserve 50 g liquid
- 50 g sugar
- 1 tbsp cornflour
8Recipe is created for
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a square baking tin (18cm) with baking paper, allowing a 2 cm overhang at each end and set aside.
Place flour, cornflour, salt, sugar and vanilla bean into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add butter, almond extract and almonds and mix 20 sec/speed 7.
Transfer mixture into prepared tin and bake for 35-40 minutes (180ºC) or until golden and springing back when touched.
Place pitted cherries, 50 g of the cherry liquid and cornflour into mixing bowl and cook 15 min/100ºC//.
Pour sauce onto baked base and garnish with extra slivered almonds and return to oven for a further 10 minutes until top is bubbling.
Cool completely before removing from tin and cutting into rectangular bars to serve.
Other users also liked...
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- White Chocolate and Coconut Rice Pudding
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Fragrant pipis
- Classic lemon tart
- Citrus mascarpoen semifreddo with Manjimup walnut and cacao nib dukkah - Chef Russell Blaikie
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Torta caprese (flourless almond cake)
- Nutella Cookies
- Honey Jumble Cake
- Chicken Bone Broth Soup and whole steamed chook
- Leberkäse (Bavarian meat loaf)
- ❤Zucchini Slice❤
- ❤Spinach & fetta and pull-apart bread❤
- Nanna's Lemon Sago
- Tear and share brie, garlic + herb bread wreath
- Tim Tam tarts (or cheesecake)
- BBQ Chicken & Sweet Potato Meatloaf with Cheesy Centre
- Thai Chicken Burgers
- Swirl Layered Mooncake