- 120 g Butter
- 100 g golden syrup
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 100 g rolled oats
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g salted and roasted macadamia nuts
- 80 g Dark Brown Sugar
- 50 g dessicated coconut
- 1 lime zest, no white pith
- 110 g sugar
- 4 Limes, juice only
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 150 g cream
- Fresh or Frozen Berries, for garnishing
- icing sugar, for dusting
8Recipe is created for
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Place butter and syrup into mixing bowl and heat 2 min/70ºC/speed 2.
- Add bicarb soda and mix 5 sec/speed 3.
- Add remaining base ingredients and mix 35 sec/.
- Transfer mixture into tart tins and place into freezer for around 10 minutes before baking for approximately 10-15 minutes (180ºC). Remove from oven and allow to cool. Reduce oven temperature to 150ºC.
- Place zest and sugar into mixing bowl and blend 15 sec/speed 10.
- Add remaining filling ingredients, except cream, and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
- Insert butterfly. Cook 8 min/80ºC/speed 3.
- Allow mixture to cool. Whip 1 min/speed 4, slowly adding cream through hole in mixing bowl lid, until well incorporated. (Cream will not thicken but become airy).
- Transfer mixture into reserved baked shells and bake 10-15 minutes (150ºC), or until almost set in centre.
- Allow to cool before unmoulding. Top with fruit and dust with icing sugar to serve.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)