- 3 Apples, large, peeled, quartered, cored
- 175 g raw sugar
- 125 g oil of choice
- 190 g Milk of choice
- 2 Eggs.
- 100 g Nuts of choice (optional), e.g. pecan or walnut or macadamia
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 1 pinch salt
- 150 g plain flour
- 150 g wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar, and 1 tsp Bicarb Soda
- 4 tsp baking powder
) Preheat oven to 155 C fan forced
Grease and line a 20 x 5 cm round cake pan.
) Place prepared apples in TM bowl.
Chop 2 sec / speed 4
Remove from TM bowl.
Hand chop with a knife (halving is often enough) any really large apple pieces that remain that are bigger than about 1cm in size.
(Don't be tempted to instead chop the apple longer in the TM as you don't want the apple pieces too fine. Really fine pieces affect the keeping of any uneaten cake by making the baked cake soggy and unappertising after a day or two.)
Rinse & dry bowl.
) Place sugar in TM bowl.
Mill into caster sugar 5 sec / speed 10
) Add oil, milk & eggs.
Mix 10sec / speed 5
(The oil used in this recipe is an oil that is liquid at room temperature. I prefer a mild tasting oil like sunflower or grape-seed - but I only use a preservative-free oil that contains no anti-oxidants 310-321. A stronger tasting oil like extra-virgin olive oil [naturally preservative-free] can also be used if you don't mind the taste in the finished cake.)
(Alternatively to a liquid oil, 170g of butter or coconut oil can be used instead. To use butter or coconut oil set the caster sugar aside & place the butter or coconut oil in the TM bowl to melt 2 min / 60 degrees / speed 4 [repeat if necessary]. Return sugar to bowl with milk & eggs and follow instructions as above.)
) [Optional] Add nuts & chop 1sec / speed 5 - repeat if not chopped to desired size.
) Add dry ingredients.
Mix 10 sec / speed 5 - "Counter-clockwise operation" if using nuts.
) Fold in apple manually using spatula into mixture in TM bowl.
) Pour mixture into cake pan.
Bake for about 45-60 minutes until cooked.
Cool on rack.
Also suitable for TM5
Accessories you need
Recipe can also be used to make muffins.
* Non-dairy if use a non-dairy milk and do not use the alternative butter.
* Lactose free if use a lactose free milk.
* Nut-free if do not use the optional nuts.
* Gluten-free if use gluten free flour.
* Egg-free if use an egg replacer (e.g. Orgran No Egg [gluten free]) according to the packet instructions.
* Vegan if go non-dairy & no-egg (as above).
* Low Salicylate if omit the spices which can be optionally replaced with 1 tsp natural vanila essence (if you are OK with vanilla), use white sugar instead of raw, use ripe pears (packham & bartlet varieties especially are negligible in salicylates, other varieties are negligable to low) instead of apples or use golden delicious apples which are low-salicylate, omit the nuts or use raw cashews, and use butter or a salycilate-free oil like sunflower (not cold-pressed unless it is soy or rice-bran) & preservative-free if without anti-oxidants 310-321. Hand-dice the pears as their softness would make them difficult to chop in the TM without over-processing. If sensitive to whole-grain wheat but OK with white wheat flour do not use the wholemeal flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Chocolate chips financier
- Nut Free Muesli Bar
- Nanaimo Bars (The Queen of)
- Aunty Tara's Banana Pancakes
- Biscoff Knafeh Tarts
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Lu Lu's Golden Chew
- ANZAC BISCUITS
- Banana and Nutella Bread
- Paleo No Bake Peanut Butter Slice
- Anzac bliss balls- thermosize your life
- Chai Masala Tea Cake
- Chai Masala & Chai Tea
- Chilli con Carne de Aves (Turkey or Chicken)
- Frangipani ( Almond ) Tart with Cherries
- Satay Sauce with Quorn Chicken-Style Fillets &/or Vegetables
- Quorn Meat-Style Balls with Tomato Sauce [Suitable for 5:2]
- Spiced Dahl with Spinach [suitable for 5:2]
- Vegetarian Chilli Con Carne (with optional Cauliflower Rice) [suitable for 5:2]
- Easiest Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Evaporated Milk
- Easiest Butter in the Thermomix
- Chocolate Custard (Pudding)
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Gluten Free Banana Doughnuts
- BOOBIE BISCUIT
- Vegetable stew with peanut butter
- Apple Crumble Pie
- Gluten Free Sourdough Bread
- Nanna's Vegetable Soup
- SEHAM’S POTATO BAKE
- Italian Semolina Bread
- Chicken Donor kebab marinade
- Dairy and Egg FREE Chocolate Fudge Cake