- 250 packet gingernut or butternut snap biscuits, crushed
- 125 grams butter, melted
- 4 egg whites, beaten until stiff
- 4 egg yolks
- 20 grams caster sugar
- 500 grams ricotta (not from a tub or cream cheese, at room temperature
- 300 grams sour cream, at room temperature
- 40 grams cornflour
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon Grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 100 grams raisins, dusted in flour, optional
mix together the crushed biscuit and melted butter and press into the base of pan using your m/c, rest in refrigerator.
Beat egg yolks and sugar on speed 6 for 12 seconds, scrape down the bowl and repeat.
Add in the ricotta and sour cream, mix on speed 4 until well blended, check at 30 seconds, when smooth add in the cornflour, vanilla, grated lemon rind and lemon juice, mix on speed 6 for 12 seconds, scrape down the bowl, continue to mix on speed 4 until smooth.
Place a large spoonful of the filling mixture into the beaten egg whites, mix in, then add the remaining filling mix, use a large metal spoon to incorporate all of the mixture, the egg whites lighten the filling. Before spooning into the crumb crust, fold in the raisins (optional). Do not overfill the pan as the mixture will rise.
Place the pan onto a baking tray and place into a hot oven of 200 degrees or 180 fan forced, bake for 1 hour and then turn the oven off. Allow to cool in the oven, do not open the oven as this will cause the cheesecake to crack. When cold, place into the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours, serve with your choice of fruit, cream or ice cream.
It is best to use full fat cheese and full fat sour cream, those light in fat will not set.
Cheese and sour cream should be at room temperature.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peanutbutter choc chip cookie
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!
- Pumpkin spiced cookies
- The Best butter cream frosting
- Date, Apricot and Orange Scones
- Stem ginger in Syrup
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Banana Muffin - Cafe Style
- Fudgy Paleo Brownie
- Banana Bread
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Curried Sausages
- Quick and easy Chinese chicken & corn soup
- Cashew Custard, dairy free
- Ginger custard tart
- Best Ever Lemon Meringue Pie
- Beef Rotolo
- Deliciously thick Chocolate Custard
- Znoud el sit
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)