- 450 grams ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 50 grams vegetable oil
- 200 grams wholemeal plain flour
- 80 grams rolled or instant oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 60 grams LSA mixture, (optional)
1h 0minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Lightly coat / line loaf pan with cooking spray.
3. If using rolled oats, chop for 5 sec on sp5. Set aside. (If using instant oats, omit this step.)
4. Combine eggs, milk, banana, sugar and oil in TM bowl. Mix for 10 seconds on spd 4, or until combined, but still a little chunky.
5. Add flour, baking powder, bicarbonate soda, salt cinnamon, oats, vanilla extract and LSA mix (optional) to bowl and mix for 20 seconds on spd 4.
5. Spoon the batter ino the pan, and place in oven or 45 to 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
6. Cool in pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
LSA is a mixture of finely chopped linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds. If you wish to make this banana bread nut-free, omit this mixture.
This can be made without the milk, but I find it more moist with it.
Banana bread freezes well. Slice before freezing for easier portion control.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.