- 20 grams 70% Dark Chocolate
- 95 grams oats
- 5 bananas
- 35 grams Maple syrup
- 25 grams coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 0.5 teaspoon sea salt
- 65 grams Gluten free plain flour
- 1 tablespoon Psyllium husk
- Extra Oats for Sprinkling
- Preheat oven 180C. Grease and line 23cm square tin.
- Grate chocolate 2-3 secs sp 5, set aside.
- Add oats 3 secs sp 5, set aside.
- Mash bananas 3 secs sp 4.
- Add maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla essence, apple cider vinegar, egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt. Mix 10secs sp 5.
- Add oats, gf flour, psyllium husk, and grated chocolate. Mix 5 secs sp 4.
- Pour into baking tin, level top and sprinkle with oats and bake 35- 40 mins or until skewer comes out dry.
Banana, Oat Breakfast Cake
This recipe was converted & inspired by //www.cearaskitchen.com/healthy-vegan-banana-oat-breakfast-cake/
Check out her blog its amazing. I have added dark chocolate & psyllium husk. I left out the extra sugar. Without the chocolate and using a flax egg will make it vegan as in Ceara's recipe.
Using GF oats will make this GF.
This is a dense, wholesome bread type cake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.