- 5 organic eggs
- 210 g caster sugar
- 340 g dark chocolate (70%), chopped
- 230 g unsalted butter cubed
- 1600 g water
- creme fraiche to serve
Two options below for baking.
VAROMA - Line a 20cm springform, firstly with aluminium foil over base circle then place a 20cm baking paper cut out on top attach ring of springform and close. Once closed fold up overhanging alfoil to make seal it.
OVEN - Preheat oven to 120°C. Grease and line a 25cm cake pan (not springform).
Insert Butterfly. Place eggs, 70g of sugar and beat 6 min/speed 4, or until volume triples. Set aside and remove Butterfly.
Add Chocolate and butter melt 3 min/50°C/speed 3 (or until melted).
Add 140g sugar and 100ml of the water mix 2 min/50°C/speed 2.
Remove MC and gradually with blades rotating around speed 3-4 add egg mixture through hole and mix until just combined.
Pour into the lined 20 springform cake pan and place in Varoma recepticle. Add 1.5 litres to mixing bowl, set Varoma in place and cook for 60 min/Varoma temperature/speed 1-2. Once cooked leave to cool whilst still sitting in the Varoma over the mixing bowl.
If using the oven to bake put a folded tea towel in a large roasting pan. Place cake on top and add enough hot water to come to three-quarters up the side of the cake pan. Bake for 50 minutes or until set. Cool completely in the water before serving with cream.
Accessories you need
This is a very rich cake with a mousse like consistency.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Gluten free Honey & Chocolate chip cookies (egg free and dairy free options)
- Raspberry and lemon curd cake
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Pear & Ginger Cookies (no sugar)
- Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Apple & Sultana Cookies (no sugar)
- Chocolate Freckle Cookies
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- CHICKEN AND PRAWN LAKSA
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Knefah Cups