- 500 ml of water
- 660 g of sugar
- 250 g of butter
- 35 g of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate soda
- 450 g of self raising flour, sifted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees (moderate temp).
2. Grease deep 26.5cm x 33cm (14 cup/3.5 litres) baking dish: line base and edges with baking paper.
3. Place water, sugar, butter, cocoa powder & bicarbonate soda into mixing bowl and cook 100 degrees/10 min/speed 2.
4. Allow mixture to cool down to 60 degrees.
5. Once cooled add flour and eggs and mix 30 secs/speed 3 (gradually increasing to speed 3) or until mixture is smooth and changed to a paler colour. As there is a lot of mixture in the bowl, don't mix any higher than speed 3.
6. Poor cake mixture into prepared dish.
7. Cook for 50 min OR until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Allow to cool in dish for 10 min until transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Ice cake how you would like it!
I ice this cake with using the Ganache recipe from EDC.
Server with cream or ice cream. Tastes really yummy heated up with a scoop of ice cream!
This recipe is the Thermomix adaption of AWW Family Chocolate Cake.
The cake is super moist and is a generous size, perfect for the family or a BBQ.
Cake also freezes really well. Cut into pieces before freezing.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.