- 80 g unsalted butter
- 50 g caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 80 g Milk
- 150 g water
- 450 g bakers flour
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 100 g sultanas
- 30 g raisins
- 40 g currants
- 80 g plain flour
- 1 pinches salt
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 80 g water
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
2h 20minPreparation 2h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- 1. Grease a large mixing bowl with olive oil and set aside. Line baking tray with baking paper or baking mat and set aside.
2. Add sugar, yeast, milk and water into mixing bowl and heat 3 mins/37C/sp2.
3. Add flour, salt, butter, and egg. Knead for 8 mins.
4. Add cinnamon, nutmeg, sultanas, raisins, currants and knead for 2 mins.
5. Place dough in prepared oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap and allow to prove for one hour or until dough has doubled in size.
6. Once dough has proven, place on a bread mat and work any sultanas, raisins and currants evenly and gently into the dough. Divide the dough with a dough cutter into 12 equal portions of approximately 80g each. Shape each portion into a bun and place on prepared baking tray with buns slightly touching each other. Allow buns to prove for 30 mins.
7. Pre-heat oven to 200C.
8. Meanwhile, add plain flour, salt, olive oil and water to mixing bowl. Mix for 45 seconds, speed 4.
9. Transfer cross mixture to a piping bag. Cut a small tip on the piping bag and pipe crosses on buns.
10. Add a small bowl of warm water to the bottom shelf of oven and bake buns for 10 minutes. Remove water bowl and bake for a further 8-10 minutes until buns are golden.
11. While buns are baking prepare glaze mixture. Add sugar and water to mixing bowl and heat 2 mins/100C/sp4.
12. Once buns have been removed from the oven brush with the glaze mixture.
13. Allow to cool (with as much patience as you can muster) before slathering with butter and eating.
Brioche Hot Cross Buns
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Sicilian Orange Cake
- The best Brownie Recipe
- Quince conserve
- Toasted Granola
- Carob choc chip Banana Muffins
- Mini Apple & Zucchini Muffins (gluten free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Sugar Cookies
- Mini Muesli Bars (gluten free, corn free, sulphur free, dairy free)
- Boobie Biscuits
- Gluten Free Baked Donuts
- American Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Variation Banana Muffins